problem with charged back?

capncrunch09
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold an an Iphone on ebay for about 340 dollars, on November 2012. I was given a positive feedback and nothing else happend until yesterday. I recieved an email stating a chargedback on my paypal account. So now I'm short a iphone and 340 dollars. Is there any solution to this problem. 

PS. I don't sell too many items on ebay and so I've never encounter this problem before.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately not, the item should be returned to you however, with items like this, it does not happen.  Scammers find loop holes and disappear.

Login to Me Too

blevlaw
Contributor
Contributor

I'm preparing to sell my vehicle and the buyer wants to pay by paypal account and then when the money hits my account they want to pick up the car using a pick up service. I'm going to have the buyer sign a bill of sale that reflects and "as is" sale. Am I still at risk for a charge back from Paypal?

Login to Me Too

capncrunch09
Contributor
Contributor

do anyone know how long it would take for this case to be solved... I do want to use my paypal account, but its in 340 dollars of negative balance

Login to Me Too

Laviscu
Contributor
Contributor

RE blevlaw : Yes, in some states up to one year.

Login to Me Too

Laviscu
Contributor
Contributor

I just got hit with -$120 plus -$20 gift from paypal (charge back fee). Buyer won chargeback after 55 days of sale. Never start any case on ebay/paypal. I lost my item.  I start selling with "cash only". Check how many posts are poping up recently with these new kind of scamm. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.