paypal claim...seller provided tracking # w destination listed as SAUDI ARABIA!

AmnaA
Contributor
Contributor

bought item the 13th...

the tracking number he listed (after paypal forced him to),

when tracked on http://17track.net/IndexEn.html has the destination listed as Saudi Arabia....What should I do!?

what if paypal sees that it will be delivered, sides with him?

should I call paypal 

sorry I know I've been posting so many questions...never been effed over this badly.

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

AmnaA-

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with this situation.

Unless the address listed in your transaction details was to Saudi Arabia (I'm going to assume the answer is no there :)), then you should be fine.  It may take a little longer for the dispute process to wrap up since we'll want to see where the item actually winds up (I suppose it could be coming to you by way of Saudi Arabia...), but ultimately if it's delivered to a different address then there's a very good chance you'll win the dispute.

Hope that clears up any concerns you may have.

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

lcbo99
Contributor
Contributor

Andy,

I am in the same situation right now, with an PP open case.

The seller (listed on ebay as from UK) send Paypal a tracking code on http://17track.net/. 

This website is known to be a fake website providing fake information to track the parcels. More over, even so, IT ISNT AN OFFICIAL WEBSITE...

Andy, the 17track.net/.  website is notorius for beeing used in scams. Why Paypal should wait to SEE if the item is arrived using a fake website reports ? Probably a member of the Faud Team will see that the item HAS arrived. But this is NOT true.

I would need 1 hour to make such website with a fake tracking code and even scanned docs to prove the locations, step by step....

In my humble oppinion, Paypal should accept only the official Post Offices websites (especially for China, HK and so on). This should be the only tracking accepted. The sellers (the honests) should be OK with this and we, the buyers, we will feel protected.

I am sure that PP is not fooled by them as I needed only 5 minutes to research for this website.

Anyway, I am a little bit worried, as, I cannot update my claim right now, even if it is in the "Waiting for your action" mode.

Probably the team is checking the fake tracking website, to see when the item will arive.  😞

The scammers are fools: they wrote the the item has been sent on Aug 5, 2 days after the claim has been opened by me.

Once again if smb from the team sees this please dont be fooled.

PS: When the ebay item has been deleted by the seller, PP automatically put on hold his money. Only for 30 minutes. After this, they considered that the transaction is genuine. Bad !

Think that in these cases the item listing deletion should trigger more than 30 minutes of ON HOLD.

PS2: in my situation, there are around 90 other buyers ... and right now on Ebay there is another guy with the same patern:

(he was selling a Nexus with 98 £ but after I sent some messages to him he changed the price to 78£. (probably he considers I am tracking him after the price)

Here it is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Google-Nexus-7-8-GB-Wi-Fi-Unlocked-7in-Black-NEW-SEALED-4-1-/200802806860?...

Also, he changed the description and the shipping info (as he was using exaclty the same info as my guy)

See herE: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p4340.l2569&rt=nc&item=200802...

PS 3: Probably when you will see this he will ulist the item or the user will be deleted.

Right now there are 50 buyers even if I sent a report to Ebay (when he sold the item to 3 people only)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Andy

AmnaA-

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with this situation.

Unless the address listed in your transaction details was to Saudi Arabia (I'm going to assume the answer is no there :)), then you should be fine.  It may take a little longer for the dispute process to wrap up since we'll want to see where the item actually winds up (I suppose it could be coming to you by way of Saudi Arabia...), but ultimately if it's delivered to a different address then there's a very good chance you'll win the dispute.

Hope that clears up any concerns you may have.

Andy

Login to Me Too
Solved

lcbo99
Contributor
Contributor

Andy,

I am in the same situation right now, with an PP open case.

The seller (listed on ebay as from UK) send Paypal a tracking code on http://17track.net/. 

This website is known to be a fake website providing fake information to track the parcels. More over, even so, IT ISNT AN OFFICIAL WEBSITE...

Andy, the 17track.net/.  website is notorius for beeing used in scams. Why Paypal should wait to SEE if the item is arrived using a fake website reports ? Probably a member of the Faud Team will see that the item HAS arrived. But this is NOT true.

I would need 1 hour to make such website with a fake tracking code and even scanned docs to prove the locations, step by step....

In my humble oppinion, Paypal should accept only the official Post Offices websites (especially for China, HK and so on). This should be the only tracking accepted. The sellers (the honests) should be OK with this and we, the buyers, we will feel protected.

I am sure that PP is not fooled by them as I needed only 5 minutes to research for this website.

Anyway, I am a little bit worried, as, I cannot update my claim right now, even if it is in the "Waiting for your action" mode.

Probably the team is checking the fake tracking website, to see when the item will arive.  😞

The scammers are fools: they wrote the the item has been sent on Aug 5, 2 days after the claim has been opened by me.

Once again if smb from the team sees this please dont be fooled.

PS: When the ebay item has been deleted by the seller, PP automatically put on hold his money. Only for 30 minutes. After this, they considered that the transaction is genuine. Bad !

Think that in these cases the item listing deletion should trigger more than 30 minutes of ON HOLD.

PS2: in my situation, there are around 90 other buyers ... and right now on Ebay there is another guy with the same patern:

(he was selling a Nexus with 98 £ but after I sent some messages to him he changed the price to 78£. (probably he considers I am tracking him after the price)

Here it is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Google-Nexus-7-8-GB-Wi-Fi-Unlocked-7in-Black-NEW-SEALED-4-1-/200802806860?...

Also, he changed the description and the shipping info (as he was using exaclty the same info as my guy)

See herE: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p4340.l2569&rt=nc&item=200802...

PS 3: Probably when you will see this he will ulist the item or the user will be deleted.

Right now there are 50 buyers even if I sent a report to Ebay (when he sold the item to 3 people only)

Login to Me Too

AmnaA
Contributor
Contributor

thanks a lot guys...I actually called Paypal and the issue was resolved in a few minutes (in my favor)...the guy who helped me was so awesome..Wish I had asked his name so I could provide good feedback...

Login to Me Too

lcbo99
Contributor
Contributor
After 15 hours the eBay listing has been deleted. I was right once again. Incredible as I sent to eBay 3 reports in that listing.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.