paypal account susoended

lilcheyd
New Community Member

Hi, I rec'd a email today from "paypal/Bill me later" saying they requested an update on inforamtion awhile ago and I have missing information. It asked me to contact them to complete my information and my account has been suspended until I complete the information. When I logged on Paypal/Bill me later my account looks fine. Do I need to "do" anything

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest contacting customer support for assistance.  You can contact them via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

kitkatphoto
New Community Member

I received the same email just this morning.
I reviewed the letter and saw that although the PayPal logo looks genuine, the body of the email spells PayPal in using a small p for the second part of the name (on at least two separate portions of the email)

I did not click as per the instructions, as I bet someone is just waiting to send me a virus or obtain access to my PayPal accouint someway.

I do not believe PayPal would ever lock down someone's account for missing or invalid information. Especially in three days.
The tone of urgency probably prompts a lot of concerned account holders to click that link.

Nope, I am not falling for it.

Hopefully word of this email gets out onto social media and warns people before it is too late.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.