how to get a response from a real person from paypal?

suede70
Contributor
Contributor

I have to make a claim through paypal because a seller had not sent the item, the seller was asked for a tracking number. They supplied a tracking number that was for a previuos transaction i had with them, paypal accepted this as for this transaction and closed the claim in their favour even though they have commited fraud.

I have emailed paypal a few times and i only receive the same computer generated answer thay the seller provided the tracking number. I cannot afford to telephone them as i do not have a landline so the call would not be free.

My questions is how do you get to email a real person at paypal ?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How many orders have you placed with this seller?

Are they all placed on Ebay?

What is the date of the tracking he uploaded to Paypal and what is the date of purchase you made which you did not receive?

If they all take place on Ebay,you should call Ebay and ask what can be done?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If it is an Ebay transaction,you can click on contact Ebay and it will give you their phone number,it is toll free.

If it is going to cost you,then go to someone who has a landphone and make the call there.

Login to Me Too

suede70
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for replying, the first transaction is a ebay one, this is the one the tracking number corresponds to and dated prior to the transaction in question which was a direct payment to seller through paypal.

Unfortunately i do not know anybody with a landline, everybody i know is on a mobile.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

FIND A PHONE BOOTH,or a  place you can use its phone ??

The tracking number uploaded ,does it show delivered before/after you purchased the disputed item?

If it takes 3-4 days to delivere the item and the tracking shows it was delivered the same/next  day you made purchase,then you can argue it cant be that soon?

did you use your credit card,then file a chargeback with the credit card /

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal has an 888 number for calling as guest, isn't that toll free?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.