funds on hold for international shipment. account now negative

ltstrickland72
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...i received a payment from an international buyer approximately a month ago.  the payment has cleared through paypal/ebay, and i have withdrawn the money into my bank account.  now the buyer has opened a case regarding shipping charges (which he agreed to prior to payment).  i have other auctions i need to pay for, but when i try to pay, it tells me that ,y paypal account is "negative".  How do i send my payments??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ltstrickland72
Contributor
Contributor

just contacted paypal, via telephone.  they immediately escalated the case, closed it in my favor, and my account is now back in the positive!  not nearly as bad (or as complicated) as i anticipated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

One reason:

Your PayPal account may show a negative balance if there’s been a chargeback or a payment reversal because a buyer complaint was decided against you.  Most likely you will have to clear up the issue first.

Login to Me Too

ltstrickland72
Contributor
Contributor

hi...thanks for the response.  i understand WHY its negative, just not sure what i should do.  in order to pay for my $37 worth of auctions, it tells me i will need to pay $150+ to compensate for the negative balance.  if i go ahead and do this, so i can make my payments, then end up having to issue a refund, i am essentially paying for it twice??  i have never had a complaint, so i have no experience with this.

Login to Me Too
Solved

ltstrickland72
Contributor
Contributor

just contacted paypal, via telephone.  they immediately escalated the case, closed it in my favor, and my account is now back in the positive!  not nearly as bad (or as complicated) as i anticipated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.