eGlobal Central UK Scam

dunjamon

I've opened a dispute for a payment made to eGlobal Central UK, but wanted to see if anyone else has any similar experiences with them. I bought a phone from the site and used PayPal for the payment. Two weeks later I still haven’t received anything or can see any kind of tracking. I’ve tried to speak with them, but they say that the order has been despatched. Tried to then speak with myhermes and they are saying that they haven’t even collected the order. They can’t give me any further information as I’m not the person sending the parcel.

So I'm a little bit stuck in between with neither really committing to anything. I hope as a final straw PayPal can help me out and hopefully get my money back.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dunjamon

If you have opened a dispute for non receipt then make sure you escalate it to a claim within 20 days for paypal to review.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dunjamon

I opened the despute last week and have escalated it today already. PayPal are now waiting for a response from the seller.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dunjamon

Paypal may give them a bit longer than 10 days if it was an international transaction.

But if the item does turn up in the meantime then do not close the dispute before checking it over carefully as you can ''change'' a dispute from one of non receipt to one of not as described.

But you can't re-open a second one for not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dunjamon

Will do. Thanks for your help. I'll post on here with any updates.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.