eBay buyer files item not received claim

daystrom
Contributor
Contributor

I've been a member of eBay since 1997 with 100% positive feedback.

Recently a new eBay member (joined Aug. 8, 2013) purchased a camera using Buy It Now the same day he joined eBay. 

He paid using PayPal and the camera was shipped the next day to his verified address.

The tracking number shows the package was delivered however he has filed an Item Not Received claim with eBay. He says he has spoke with his post office and they assure him the package was delivered to his house. They recommened that he file a police report for stolen property. 

The final sale price was $360 with shipping and those funds have been held due to the eBay claim.

My question is if eBay finds in MY favor, can the buyer then file a claim with PayPal for the same thing? 

If this was a seasond eBay'er I wouldn't have so much suspecision but a new user buying on the same day he joined and then filing a INR claim....Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Daystrom

Since you have proof of delivery it should be in your favour

Once they have filed a claim on Ebay they cant open another one with ppal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Daystrom

Login to Me Too

daystrom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info Minty1, that is helpful to know.

Login to Me Too

jwbrdkllr
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately that is not correct, I have had that twice in the past thirty days. Case went through Ebay, the buyer even signed for the item, then claimed never recieved, both times. Ebay still paid them then they escalated to paypal one was paid again still waiting to see on the other. Obviously neither ebay or paypal (both owned by the same corp) check postal records or even try to contact either party, they just give the money and take out their fees. Long as they make money they do not care at all.

@minty1 wrote:

Hi Daystrom

@minty1 wrote:

Hi Daystrom

@minty1 wrote:

Hi Daystrom

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi jwbrdkllr

Thank you for that info and sorry to hear this happened to you

I have never heard this happen to anyone and ppal normally dont allow people to open a dispute on ebay and ppal so I am shocked by this as I wouldnt want to give anyone the wrong info and give them false hope.

Did you contact ppal about this or appeal the cases?

Login to Me Too

daystrom
Contributor
Contributor
Just updating this... I called eBay and asked for the case to be escalated to customer service for a decision. The rep said I had all the proof I needed and closed the case in my favor. Just hoping that the buyer doesn't try a charge back now. Since he admitted that the package was stolen, I don't think a credit card company would allow that reason for a change back.
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Great newsSmiley Happy

I found this info on ppal site:

Common reasons for chargebacks include:

• The card holder is claiming unauthorised use of their card
  • The card holder is claiming they did not receive the item or the item received was different from the original description.

If you suffer a chargeback on a payment you received, we’ll email asking you to respond with information. We’ll use the details you provide to check if you’re eligible for Seller Protection and we’ll dispute the chargeback with the credit card issuer on your behalf.

Visit our online Chargebacks Guide (including a short educational video) for more information about chargebacks and how to 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.