Website is a scam

dtd

Hi I'd like to tell everyone that an online shopping service based in Japan, is a scam. I ordered an item and made a payment in June. The item was supposed to be released and shipped at the end of June, however I was told they didn't receive it. In July I was send a message on their forum saying their service was closed unitl August (As it happens this message is fraud). I sent a message at the end of July asking them to show me the invoice, there was no reply. At the beginning of August I sent another message asking for a status update on the item. I was told to be patient and to wait. I realise now that I cannot recover my payment through paypal or via my bank because it is past 45 days, which is paypal's deadline for filing a dispute, and past 60 days, which is my bank (and most bank's) deadline for disputing a debit card/credit card/atm transaction.

But the worst thing is that paypal, by default, makes payments (when you have 0 paypal balance) through your bank account (which I registered to unlimit my paypal account) even if there is a debit card/credit card registered. The only way to ensure a payment is made with a debit/credit card is at checkout, but for convenience I simply checked out without checking the debit/credit card option.

Obviously paypal is a scam altogether since they do not put the option to check out with debit/credit card in account settings. It is apparent that paypal has ignored, deliberately or not, the fact that it is inconvenient, and a waste of a time to click on the option to pay with debit/credit card at each and every checkout, thus enabling more scamming sellers to keep their money since there are more protections on debit/credit card transactions than bank account transactions. 

Via this mechanism paypal is an instrument for online fraud/scams.

Thus paypal cares more about the online (scamming) seller than the online buyer.

For example the buyer's address is shown to the merchant with no option to hide it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.