To Sell or not to sell

nsoroma79
Contributor
Contributor

I recently placed an ad on craigslist for a diamond ring I am selling.  Shortly after my post was made, I received an email from a woman in Ohio interested in purchasing it.  Now, I am not in Ohio, but I offered to set up an ebay auction and sell it to her.  She explained that she is buying it as a gift for her brother in Nigeria (red flags) and that she just wants to pay me through paypal and have me ship it. 

After talking with some friends who do ship goods to Nigeria, they said as long as I keep all of my shipping documents and whatnot, I should be ok.  I know Nigeria is notorious for scamming people, and this is a $2000 sale.... but I am wondering if I will be safe if I do keep all records of shipping and confirmation of delivery.  I just don't want them to do a charge back and me be left with zero dollars and no ring.

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

nsoroma79 -

I would recommend reviewing this thread before proceeding.  Also, we don't offer service in Nigeria, so no one in Nigeria or requesting shipment to Nigeria should be paying you through PayPal.

Stay safe,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

nsoroma79 -

I would recommend reviewing this thread before proceeding.  Also, we don't offer service in Nigeria, so no one in Nigeria or requesting shipment to Nigeria should be paying you through PayPal.

Stay safe,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

nsoroma79
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Adrian.  The thing that threw up the red flags, is that she will supposedly be paying me from Ohio and then I should ship it to Nigeria.  I politely emailed her back and said that if she really wants to buy my ring, she can do so through ebay.  Haven't heard a word back yet.  lol

Login to Me Too

KT_Izme
New Community Member

Thank you all this person contacted me through kijiji about my ring saying she was in Manitoba but wanted me to ship the ring to Nigeria.  She has transferred the funds through paypal or so it says and they are waiting for confirmation of shipment to complete the transfer. I asked the post office about it and they warned me. I'm not sending the ring now how do I go about canceling the transfer in my paypal?

Login to Me Too

JoeMaxpayne

Click Refund option on the payment details.

im sorry to say, but its a DIAMOND ring. Every cities has Pawn Shops. are u that Lazy to walk to Pawn shop to sell it? Scammers are waiting for Big Oppertunities like this to pocket big bucks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.