The problem of registration in different countries.

Ksunny
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! My Name is Ksenia.
Forgive me for my bad English. I live in Russia.

A week ago, I began to receiving letters from the PP addressed to of another person (This man lives in Germany). This person tried to pay for the purchase cost of 149 euros. This is big money for me. I have no account PP much money. I'm just scared, and I thought that this man was some fraud. A few days later came to me a few letters from PP to confirm the account of thatperson. And the next day I received a letter from a site where this person has already began to make purchases.

Tech Support of PP in Russia works very badly. I did not know what to do. I wrote to my friend, he a programmer. He looked at the source code of letters. These letters were really from the PP. But the letter is addressed not to my mailbox.

Explanations

I use Google Mail "a.aaaa @ ...". That man also registered for Google Mail. "aaaaa @ ..."

Do the developers of PP that Google is almost no difference in the name of the mailbox?

For example "aaaaa @ ....", 'a.a.a.a.a @.. ",  "a.aaaa @.... " and other similar examples of names mailbox.

For Google Mail it is the same mailbox. But the system of PP in the registration does not include this feature of Google Mail and considers these mailboxes are different. (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10313?hl=en)

I think this is a big problem.
1. I like a real owner of Mail constantly worry that an unknown person to me that something might be done with my PP account ..
2. If that person is not a fraud, he can`t now use the PP.

Thank you for attention.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ksunny,

Welcome to the community.  Thanks for taking the time to post about this issue.  I will send feedback to our engineers about how we handle gmail addresses with PayPal accounts.  Ideally, an email address should only be able to exist on one open PayPal account at a time.  We also want to make sure people are receiving our email notifications and not those of other customers.

Thanks,

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ksunny,

Welcome to the community.  Thanks for taking the time to post about this issue.  I will send feedback to our engineers about how we handle gmail addresses with PayPal accounts.  Ideally, an email address should only be able to exist on one open PayPal account at a time.  We also want to make sure people are receiving our email notifications and not those of other customers.

Thanks,

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Ksunny
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I still get letters from the PP addressed to other person. He must return the money to the PP. I remove the letter and hope that all will eventually be well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.