Stop Chargebacks

xjokerx9
Contributor
Contributor
Is there anyway possible for me as a dealer of digital goods to stop chargebacks against me. I own a community of servers of a game and the people that play on the game can buy stuff ingame that give them more stuff. What happens most of the time is that a person will buy stuff then when they no longer play on the server or already have used the item they will make a chargeback claim and say that the payment was unaurotized which I know that isn't true. I use paypal a lot and have a lot of money in my account. I am about to change to another internet currency instead for my products to be better secured. Is there anything I can do or say that will help me win most cases? I have had well over 50 chargebacks with very little of them myself winning. Please help
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As a chargeback is filed directly via the buyers creit card and not via a paypal dispute and its the card company that make the decision then sadly there is not a lot you can do about it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

viamarisol

My advice is to not sell any virtual goods or tickets using PayPal. You have very little protection from chargebacks.

I sold $550 for some event tickets, which were then charged back. I checked with the show promoter/agency and confirmed the tickets were scanned/used. No luck so far.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Actually you have NO protection for chargebacks on paypal for virtual items.

Paypal clearly states under seller protection that it does not cover you for selling items that are collected / virtual items and motor vehicles etc.

You can use paypal when you sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

floorguy
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat you are......and it is very frustrating...

what other online currencey were you thinking of??

Because there has got to be a way of protecting virtual game hosters...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.