Spam via payment request

kohara
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody else get a payment request from **removed** that is a spam email (in the "message" section)? I also can't cancel it and keep getting emails regarding it... about 10 today so far...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All you can do is block it. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All you can do is block it. 

Login to Me Too

kohara
Contributor
Contributor
Hopefully PayPal will address it
Login to Me Too

Shine2013

I have the same problem. The guy thinks I am stupid. He keeps saying to send the payment to the shipper from Western Union and that my payment will be in. I found out that he is using fake paypal and everything else. he never once asked about the car. or ask for pictures. he says he can't come see it because of work

Login to Me Too

Shine2013

It is a scam if they tell you to send the "shipper" the process money and the MTCN from western union. I almost fell for the scam. i live in Ohio and he lives in Chicago

Login to Me Too

Shine2013

So I email back from the "fake" email that claims to be from paypal. that i am not stupid. do not come get my car. i will report you. i said you are a fake.

Login to Me Too

gillnoero
New Community Member

Why do you say this issue is resolved? It is not resolved. Today I got a fake payment request that was an ad for cheap shoes.

PayPal acts like they are authorised agents for the wrath of god when they choose to but they let complete crap like this get through?

Shame on you, Paypal. 

This is the message I recieved (now watch paypal redact it:)

Yes - Paypa; redacts the message I'm trying otpost by saying:"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." That is exactly what I am trying to point out.

From: Carney To: me Amount: $0.01 USD Status: Pending   You received this payment request but haven't paid it yet. Date Requested: Feb 15, 2013 Event Date: Feb 15, 2013 Subject: pls do not miss website:cheap real jordan ugg adidas nike lv. Note: pls do not miss website:cheap real jordan ugg adidas nike lv.
I am recommend c to you.This is some of ems tracking number from them.check them 
here:

Login to Me Too

Rowynyew
New Community Member

I am receiving the same thing today.

Login to Me Too

marr9016
New Community Member
Spoiler

same problem with e-mail

Login to Me Too

Billy7574
New Community Member

This is so cheesy of PayPal to let this happen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.