Sent payment, selling ignoring my emails

superh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i recently sent payment to someone on gumtree on the 7th of june and told him i had done so. However, he started ignoring my emails when i asked about posting the next day onwards. yesterday I emailed him from another acount posing as anoteher buyer and he said that the item was still for sale becase "someone was meant to send me payment a few days ago but didnt so yes due to time wasters"

I checked my bank account, and the money had only come out on the 12th, 5 days after i sent it.... so it was genuine. However, i just cannot get a reply from him no matter now many emails i send him trying to tell him this, even from 3 different email adresses

what are my options? He has my money, and he wont send the item or refund me.

thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

superh -

Hello there!

No one likes it when a merchant doesn't communicate promptly and clearly.  If you never receive the item, you have 45 days from the date you sent the payment to file a dispute for Non-Receipt via the Resolution Center.  Make sure you escalate it to a claim within 20 days of opening the dispute if you don't receive the item and it is as described!

More information on our Purchase Protection is here.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.