Seller won't respond to the claim, it's been ten days and no refund.

TheTaylorLuke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I opened a claim regarding a purchase I made and have been waiting for a response from the seller for 11 days. The claim says that if they didn't respond by April 29th the funds would be returned to me, but it's the 30th and the claim has not changed. The seller isn't responding at all, so how long is it going to take for me to recieve my refund?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

AFTER its been escalated to a claim and the seller has not responded in 10 days then paypal will review / refund within 48 hours of the deadline being reached as long as you met the criteria of buyer protection. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi TheTaylorLuke

Have u escalated the dispute?

Login to Me Too

TheTaylorLuke
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's been a paypal claim since April 19th.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ok so u opened the dispute then escalated  to a claim after 10 days as the seller didnt respond yes?

Ok then u should hear any day now or give them a call dont select any options hold on until u speak to someone

Login to Me Too

TheTaylorLuke
Contributor
Contributor

No, I opened the dispute, waited 10 days, escalated it to a paypal claim, waited ANOTHER 10 days, and the current status of the claim states that if the seller didn't respond by yesterday, I would recieve a refund. My question is how long is it going to take for paypal to do something.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

AFTER its been escalated to a claim and the seller has not responded in 10 days then paypal will review / refund within 48 hours of the deadline being reached as long as you met the criteria of buyer protection. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TheTaylorLuke
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so if 10 days was the 29th, I should have a response by May 1st? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yep !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

laughinggasv2
New Community Member

Have you get your money back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.