Seller abused by buyer and by buyer protection program

lincoln8echo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I sold aged but new lens to buyer. He claimed thе lens is not new and want to return it.

What he does expect it's produced in the soviet union as described.

Last year I sold more than 20 such lenses and all buyers were satisfied.

The buyer wanted to make return at my expense, I have letters confirming it.

Considering that I accepted its offer and sold a lens cheaper, I considered it inappropriate.

Eventually he complained and received compensation without having returned  the lens to me.

PayPal and Ebay did not take care to check, how honestly was the buyer and buyer treats me.

As a result I lost a lens,shipping cost and received a negative feedback.  Why PayPal returned shipping cost if it was described that buyer pays return shipping cost ?  In the sum I lost about $100

If to look more close, I consider it an arbitrariness. Everything is allowed to buyers, sellers do not cost anything. My Ebay profile to which it is already a lot of years is spoiled. How I will sell  further?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Best to review and understand PayPal policies in general and specifically about seller/buyer protection and what is expected in case of dispute.  If the policies don't fit your business risk, then another selling venue may be better.

How a business handles the first request from a buyer is very important.  it's important to focus on your best business practices.  There are many times when a quick resolution to a problem is important; it's often better to minimize a loss rather than dispute with a buyer.  When you fail to resolve directly with the buyer, then PayPal intervenes according to their policies and you loose control of the situation.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

May also want to read eBay's money back guarantee policy.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

On Ebay,if the buyer complains item is not as described,he usually win and the seller will pay return shipping.

If your return policy is no return,then when you lose the case,Ebay assumes you dont want your lens back,so he does not have to return the lens.

It is hard to fight item not as described,you are better off asking him to return before EBay gets involved. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.