Sell Protection

RBL1945
Contributor
Contributor

I create custom maps for the purpose of gold prospecting.  I have been doing it for years and have sold thousands of them, most of which have been paid for through PayPal.  I have never had a complaint in the 15 years I've been doing it.  Recently a person ordered a 10 map package which I sold at a significant discount.  My website clearly states that all sales are final, and further states that, while I strive for accuracy, some points on the maps may be different than what is found on the ground.  As I stated, no one has ever disputed a single item on any of the dozens of different maps I sell, and I do make revisions if I discover that something has recently change on the ground.  This buyer received the maps (which are copyrighted) used them in the field.  The person apparently did not know how to read a map and ended up at a place he should not have trespassed on.  He was threatened with prosecution for claimjumping.  The areas where he was allowed to be are very clearly marked on the maps.  He then stated the map he was using was wrong.  I double checked the information and found the map was absolutely correct and the buyer had made a mistake.  So I denied his request for a refund.  He then filed a claim with PayPal and lied, saying the item was not as represented and "missing parts".   Therefore, he lied to PayPal too.  I am quite confident that he photocopied the maps.  PayPal judged the dispute in the buyer's favor and instructed him to return the maps to me.  Then, PayPal notifed me the claim was over and I am to notify PayPal when  I receive the returns.  The maps, after being used, cannot be resold  by me, so I am now, due to PayPal's complete misjudgment of the facts, having to eat the total loss of about $100, plus the buyer now has photocopies without paying for them.  PayPal has enabled a liar while keeping the fees I was charged.  When I complained about the final judgement via email to PayPal, they responded with a completely unrelated bunch of canned information as though I was a buyer wanting to complain about a seller.  It is obvious a human never even read my email...   I am very upset with PayPal's unfair treatment of a customer  who has been selling (and buying) through PayPal for some 15 years. How can I get a human at PayPal to respond?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

can you add some paragraphs so we can read it.

Can't plough through all that makes my eyes go funny.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RBL1945
Contributor
Contributor

I edited it into paragraphs but the post disappeared after a few minutes

/

Login to Me Too

cooper1969
New Community Member

In the system of PayPal, there is no longer the concept of " Seller protection" this place has become a center of crooks. Money back and block the accounts without any reason! Sold less Bitkoini and now I am indebted to the whole world!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

To be fair to paypal when a buyer files a dispute for item received but not as described they cannot see what you sent or what the buyer claims to have received.

They can't take your word or the buyers as they do not know who is correct.

So to be fair to both parties the buyer is awarded a refund BUT the buyer has to send the item back trackable at their own cost.

If you have had thousands of transactions most done via paypal then you are very lucky to have only had x1 transaction go wrong. As a seller you have to accept the odd bad transaction just like shops on the high street have to when someone eg buys a dress > wears it once and then returns it for a refund etc.  

I look at it that the money i make using paypal far outweighs the odd transaction that goes wrong, flipping annoying though that is.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.