Scam

KThien
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal community,

I need some advice regarding a recent transaction that occurred outside of eBay. It was on a website called Reddit. I sent the seller the money for the item 6 days ago and yesterday I asked if they had shipped it yet. The seller said they were busy and were going to ship it on the day; thus if I had not even asked, he would have not "allegedly" gone to post it later during the day. This frustrated me as the seller was from the US whilst I, Australia, meaning he was prolonging the wait. As a result, I confronted him and asked if he was a scammer. He didn't reply and went on to delete his Reddit account hence break all possible form of communication.

Now I've opened up a PayPal dispute (item not received, as the seller deleted his account to avoid dealing with me...). I'm not sure if I should give him, a blatant scammer who is committing Internet fraud, time to respond or escalate it to a PayPal claim and let them decide.

What should I do? Would PayPal side in my favour or his if I filed for a claim now? Sorry for the long post.

Help much appreciated, thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.