Scam?

BookBabe
Contributor
Contributor

Just Got this email:

Hello EMAIL address

You've still got cash!

On Jun 27, 2014 you received $3.97 USD from .  After you sign up for a PayPal account you will not only have access to the money sent by,  you can also use your account in the following ways:
- Send Money to anyone with an email address
- Pay for over 3,000,000 eBay auctions
- Shop at more than 30,000 websites that accept PayPal
- Pay for gas or dinner with your PayPal Debit Card

Or you can just withdraw your money directly to your bank account.

With all the ways for you to use PayPal, claim your funds today by clicking on the link below:

Note: If you do not claim your money by Jul 27, 2014, this payment will be automatically cancelled and the money will be returned to account. In addition, has the option to cancel this payment at any time until you have claimed.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @BookBabe,

That actually could be a legitimate email.

Are all the email addresses on your PayPal account confirmed? Also did this come to an email address that isn't attached to your PayPal account?

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Larry5565
New Community Member

I just receieved an email supposedly from PayPal, warning that suspicious activity had ocurred on my account.  This included a link (actually several) to click on and PROVIDE ACCOUNT INFORMATION.  **RED ALERT**

Naturally I did NOT click on an embedded link, but exited and went to PayPal by direct access and logged in.  There was NO ACTIVITY AT ALL in my account in the past month.  

Reminder:  NEVER CLICK ON LINKS IN EMAILS PURPORTING TO BE FROM OUR FINANCIAL CONNECTIONS.

Larry5565

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Nice catch @Larry5565!

Phishing emails can always be forwarded to spoof@paypal.com to report them! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.