Scam from Shoe seller in China

A-Dog
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by http://www.rekhsob.com/

I know I have been scammed; I'm currently working with the Paypal resolution team for a refund.  After reading some of the other 'scam' postings, I'm wondering if I will be successful in getting a refund.  Here's how the scam worked so far......

I see a legit website selling shoes.  Place an order for $120.00 paid thru Paypal and feeling pretty secure about the transaction because the seller's website uses Paypal.  I receive a 14 cent plastic shower cap sent to me from China in a small padded envelope.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out what was behind this.  Why did I receive a shower cap from this company?  When Paypal said they would refund my money as long as I returned the item I was sent.  I could use any shipping company that has online tracking.  My first stop was the UPS store.  They told me it would cost me $90.00 to send it via UPS with online tracking (a .02 lb envelope).  So, there's part of the scam......now I have to pay an additional $90.00 to get my $120.00 back!   If I decide that's just too much money and not worth it, the seller wins and gets $120.00 from me for nothing (oh, the seller spent 14 cents for the shower cap and whatever the shipping cost was, I highly doubt it was over $5.00 to ship that junk to me, but I have to pay thru the nose to send it back to China).

My next stop was the US Post Office.  The price is around $12.00 for registered mail w/tracking, but I have to find out today if the tracking is the 'online tracking' that the Paypal email said I have to use. 

After reading some posts here, I realize that there might be more to this scam..........I saw  that when a buyer sent their merchandise back to China, it ended up sitting at a depot in China and the seller said they never received the merchandise back and Paypal didn't issue a refund because the seller never received the stuff.  I hope my claim doesn't end that way.

This dispute is not over yet.  I am currently working thru the dispute process with Paypal and I am going to try and send this cheap hotel give-away shower cap back to the address provided to me by Paypal.

I will never buy anything from China over the internet again. 

I'm surprised that Paypal still does business with a website that scams its customers.

Is there somewhere that a warning can be posted about scams like this (besides this forum)? 

Will Paypal discontinue dealing with a company that scams their American buyers?

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

r41ndog
New Community Member

Hello,

Heads up to all of you who placed orders with this outfit, LydiaShoes !  I too found shoes I was looking for and decided to buy. But, when I was asked to "open an account" and saw the personal info they were requesting, even though I wanted to pay through PayPal, I stopped dead. Something smelled phishy. Indeed, I noticed the form page requesting all that info is not a secure page.  Could be nothing, I suppose, but, heads up, y'all, this does not look good.

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Feel the same anger & frustration as yalmost all of you, AFTER my case has been finally solved after months, too. This reassurance part doesn't work for me, reassuring every victim individually. Your company and many others should be freezed, flagged, whatever, during the investigation. Some people are just glad with the refund, but I know -I've got still nightmares about shower caps, not funny - in reality it's just becoming too far. This was my 2nd scam this year, I'm weak after months of hospital, could only buy 1 pair of shoes (NOT cheaper! )BECAUSE OF MY MOBILITY!!! and everybody is happy and the world goes on. What's the matter over here. Same companies go on and on WITH paypal. I don't like this world no more, I even distrust PayPal with their reassurances about investigations. Looks like in one ear, out the other, what we've written on this forum and scambook to help the investigation. Don't need details, just proof showing all 38+ companies are banned!
Login to Me Too

Oneratout
New Community Member

Same scam!

Ordered Super cool North Face Snow Sneakers from juststyles.com;

got a shower cap; 

Feeling homicidal.

Just logged Disputed Transcrion and hoping PayPal does me right.

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Really, I'm still furious myself, can't understand why all these scam sites can't be freezed by Papal during their investigation. Olivia??? It'll cost so much hardache, and victims who're about to be at the edge....Alex
Login to Me Too

amulet
Contributor
Contributor

I agree! The scamming Paypal account holder can keep creating new Paypal accounts to associate with the same dodgy websites. Why isn't there a flag or other warning when we are directed to Paypal from one of these websites? I can still pay for shoes/showercaps from the site that scammed me, 3 months ago, by Paypal!  I do ask myself who is the biggest scammer?

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Amulet, Why does it seem it's only the 2 of us that are really worried and see the global picture?! Miss Olivia has reassured us that something is happening, but apparently the most important thing is forgotten: stop these scammers during the investigation. I'm not that stupid that I can't understan there can't be any disclosure now, as that would work contraproductive. But god, this way of handling each case individually, with companies that go back many months already scamming, doesn't seem right to me, either. Each victim will suffer unnecessarily, having nightmares, months of waiting for their desired shoes, learning they were ripped off, receiving shower caps, going through the automated process, stumbling upon our forum, finally speaking to a "live" person, a rep, and then, finally, peace. PayPal doesn't "feel" what we have been experiencing. I'm fed up, really with: all well, ends well. Alex
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@amulet wrote:

I agree! The scamming PayPal account holder can keep creating new PayPal accounts to associate with the same dodgy websites. Why isn't there a flag or other warning when we are directed to PayPal from one of these websites? I can still pay for shoes/showercaps from the site that scammed me, 3 months ago, by PayPal!  I do ask myself who is the biggest scammer?

Hi amulet! Hi everyone!

I know I haven't had much to say with regard to the measures being taken to proactively prevent the fraud from continuing. There's a reason for that. The more we disclose about the steps we're taking to fight the fraud, the more information the very same scammer you're describing has for tailoring the fraud to circumvent our actions. It's unfortunate that I can't tell you all the details, but please understand that we are working on it. For your safety, we can't always share all the details.

We definitely appreciate your feedback on this. I also definitely appreciate the reports you've all made, both to PayPal and here in this thread for other customers. Your information helps PayPal find fraud, and helps other people more easily spot a scam. Keep doing what you're all doing!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Olivia, Like I said before, I DO understand why there isn't any disclosure. We all do, I'm sure. What we don't understand is, why the same scam websites still are able to continue for months, now, WITH the help/ use of PayPal. Please your feedback, Alex
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Nadia67 wrote:
Hi Olivia, Like I said before, I DO understand why there isn't any disclosure. We all do, I'm sure. What we don't understand is, why the same scam websites still are able to continue for months, now, WITH the help/ use of PayPal. Please your feedback, Alex

I understand your question, and I assure you that the fraudster does not have our support. We are examining the fraud and finding new ways to address it and prevent it. Fraudsters are sneaky, but we're up to the challenge! While we work on that challenge, we're addressing each of these cases on an individual basis and making things right as swiftly as we can. We understand the need for speed in finding a resolution better than anyone.

So why does the website still exist? PayPal does not have the authority to shut down a website. We can and do appeal to the companies that host the sites, and we cooperate fully with law enforcement if investigations occur.

I hope this helps clarify a little bit better.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

LWG

I just got off the phone with PayPal for the same scam from this fake shoe store who sends out shower caps.  PayPal is onto them, so I doubt you would be able to buy shoes from that website through PayPal.  Problem is, they keep changing names, so make sure to immediately call PayPal if you are unfortunate to have this happen.  I will make sure I stick to websites that are well known and reputable.  Sometimes to it sounds too good, there is a reason... 

PayPal assures me that I will get my money refunded.  May take 10 days, but they will get it done.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.