Scam from Shoe seller in China

A-Dog
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by http://www.rekhsob.com/

I know I have been scammed; I'm currently working with the Paypal resolution team for a refund.  After reading some of the other 'scam' postings, I'm wondering if I will be successful in getting a refund.  Here's how the scam worked so far......

I see a legit website selling shoes.  Place an order for $120.00 paid thru Paypal and feeling pretty secure about the transaction because the seller's website uses Paypal.  I receive a 14 cent plastic shower cap sent to me from China in a small padded envelope.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out what was behind this.  Why did I receive a shower cap from this company?  When Paypal said they would refund my money as long as I returned the item I was sent.  I could use any shipping company that has online tracking.  My first stop was the UPS store.  They told me it would cost me $90.00 to send it via UPS with online tracking (a .02 lb envelope).  So, there's part of the scam......now I have to pay an additional $90.00 to get my $120.00 back!   If I decide that's just too much money and not worth it, the seller wins and gets $120.00 from me for nothing (oh, the seller spent 14 cents for the shower cap and whatever the shipping cost was, I highly doubt it was over $5.00 to ship that junk to me, but I have to pay thru the nose to send it back to China).

My next stop was the US Post Office.  The price is around $12.00 for registered mail w/tracking, but I have to find out today if the tracking is the 'online tracking' that the Paypal email said I have to use. 

After reading some posts here, I realize that there might be more to this scam..........I saw  that when a buyer sent their merchandise back to China, it ended up sitting at a depot in China and the seller said they never received the merchandise back and Paypal didn't issue a refund because the seller never received the stuff.  I hope my claim doesn't end that way.

This dispute is not over yet.  I am currently working thru the dispute process with Paypal and I am going to try and send this cheap hotel give-away shower cap back to the address provided to me by Paypal.

I will never buy anything from China over the internet again. 

I'm surprised that Paypal still does business with a website that scams its customers.

Is there somewhere that a warning can be posted about scams like this (besides this forum)? 

Will Paypal discontinue dealing with a company that scams their American buyers?

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm happy to hear you've received your refund, finally. I didn't know, either, and went through the automated process, which didn't work out. Only after 2 calls I received my refund. But one thing, though: the Chinese are just "puppets", hired to send those shower caps, so the real scammers can hide themselves better using several countries and (IP) addresses. The real scammers are a British/American (?)/Dutch (?) organization, according to one website. First I thought so myself, and started being suspicious and even angry with every Chinese person I saw, but they're just one small string in this network, not the masterminds, well, at least that's what I've read, Alex
Login to Me Too

riremer
New Community Member

oh my god, me too, i'm scammed by shoesbuy365! I paied 56$for a camper shoes. funtunely, Paybal told me that i can be refund in few days...how many people was scammed by this siteweb? why paybal did not do anything?

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Many! Me too. Please go to www.scambook.com and search for shoes365buy(.com), and there we all are. Please post your complaint with the rest of us. Through this site I realized I had been scammed, so it's very helpful to post your complaint there, too, in order to prevent other future scams, and to have an overview of how big it already is. Others posted it under slightly different names (see my other posts in this thread) so there are even more reported complaints. Also, others have posted their complaints on various other sites, so there're even more victims. I'm sure you'll receive a refund, read Miss Olivia's helpful advice, good luck, Alex
Login to Me Too

teda16
Contributor
Contributor

Well I just wanted to update everyone...I just got off the phone with Paypal and they immediately refunded my money... I don't understand why the online process closed my dispute and did not refund me and I had to actually make the call to a live person. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to do so as I got all my money back!!

Login to Me Too

Vab
New Community Member
I too was scammed and received a shower cap instead of shoes. I called Paypal and spoke to a live person in the dispute center. They refunded my money and also the $15 in postage I spent returning the darn showercap. I was told they are trying to shut down this scam.
Login to Me Too

xcclabo

www.hesell.com is also a huge SCAM. I ordered some shoes from here and got a shower cap. I filed a complaint and PayPal gave me my money back no questions asked. Of course, this was before I even received the package from Paypal when I filed the complaint but **bleep** those Chinese scammers. If the prices of items seem too cheap to be true, don't buy them!

Login to Me Too

Poochlover
New Community Member

I also ordered shoes from rios.shoes. I ordered a pair for 52.50, then a few days later, decided I wanted them in another color, so purchased another pair. I got a shower cap in my mailbox with tracking # and had no idea what it was. It didn't have any mention of rios shoes, so I threw it in the trash. I was starting to get worried due to every time I checked status, it stated 'pending payment'. By the time, I received a 2nd shower cap with tracking #, I googled everything and figured it out, but  it had been more than 45 days, so my case was closed and I never heard from anyone or received any refunds. No email or anything. So I am seriously considering closing my PayPal acct. Why would they do business with such a company anyway?

Login to Me Too

palpa
Contributor
Contributor

you really do need to call paypal customer service and speak with a real person.  They will refund your money immediately even if you have thrown away your shower cap!

Login to Me Too

NptonMark
New Community Member

I ordered some trainers from gbestle.com - and yes I've just received my shower cap.

I've just spoken to Jamie at PayPal (first call) and the claim has been resolved and I've just had a notification of a refund.

Thanks to the information on this forum and some great customer service from Jamie the situation has been resolved.

Phew!

Login to Me Too

Thirteen pages of complaints spanning 3 monhts!  Why, why, why is Paypal still supporting this scammer?  How many people would just forget about it and write it off to a bad decision?  This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.