Scam from Shoe seller in China

A-Dog
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by http://www.rekhsob.com/

I know I have been scammed; I'm currently working with the Paypal resolution team for a refund.  After reading some of the other 'scam' postings, I'm wondering if I will be successful in getting a refund.  Here's how the scam worked so far......

I see a legit website selling shoes.  Place an order for $120.00 paid thru Paypal and feeling pretty secure about the transaction because the seller's website uses Paypal.  I receive a 14 cent plastic shower cap sent to me from China in a small padded envelope.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out what was behind this.  Why did I receive a shower cap from this company?  When Paypal said they would refund my money as long as I returned the item I was sent.  I could use any shipping company that has online tracking.  My first stop was the UPS store.  They told me it would cost me $90.00 to send it via UPS with online tracking (a .02 lb envelope).  So, there's part of the scam......now I have to pay an additional $90.00 to get my $120.00 back!   If I decide that's just too much money and not worth it, the seller wins and gets $120.00 from me for nothing (oh, the seller spent 14 cents for the shower cap and whatever the shipping cost was, I highly doubt it was over $5.00 to ship that junk to me, but I have to pay thru the nose to send it back to China).

My next stop was the US Post Office.  The price is around $12.00 for registered mail w/tracking, but I have to find out today if the tracking is the 'online tracking' that the Paypal email said I have to use. 

After reading some posts here, I realize that there might be more to this scam..........I saw  that when a buyer sent their merchandise back to China, it ended up sitting at a depot in China and the seller said they never received the merchandise back and Paypal didn't issue a refund because the seller never received the stuff.  I hope my claim doesn't end that way.

This dispute is not over yet.  I am currently working thru the dispute process with Paypal and I am going to try and send this cheap hotel give-away shower cap back to the address provided to me by Paypal.

I will never buy anything from China over the internet again. 

I'm surprised that Paypal still does business with a website that scams its customers.

Is there somewhere that a warning can be posted about scams like this (besides this forum)? 

Will Paypal discontinue dealing with a company that scams their American buyers?

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Don't! I didn't. I didn't even accept it, as reading scambook and this thread I learned that's proof of having delivered shoes to me. But even now you've accepted this small package, call or use twitter to contact PayPal directly, like Miss Olivia suggests. Explain what happened, and reading the outcome of similar stories in this thread, they won't request that you return this shower cap, as it is a scam. When you return it, they won't accept the package in China, state that they never received it, and certainly won't refund you. That's what happened to others on scambook. In this thread you can read how others just called, explained that this tiny package can't be shoes, maybe even refer to this thread & scambook, and you won't have to send it back. It's waist of time and just stalling from their part, Alex
Login to Me Too

Spicychicka
Contributor
Contributor

That shoe site sounds awfully like Nikeshoeslee.com,who are definetely scammers.I believe it's a network of online shoe stores who never send any shoes to any one who buys from them.I never received my order ,I messaged them on the site and on their email account,no luck.That's when I knew something was fishy.They tried to be smart and sent me a pen in a small envelope so they could have a tracking number ready when I complain to Paypal.At first Paypal denied my claim since the tracking info said item was delivered.I did not know the small envelope was from them until I realized it was the same number they gave to paypal.I called paypal and explained that the site mysteriously was blank when I tried their link on google.I also filed a claim on the consumer bureau website.I was outraged.That decent people could be duped this way.I got my money at the end and also learned my lesson.I'm sorry for those of you who need to buy internationally but I'm going to try and shop locally now.BEWARE!Hope this helps somebody.

Login to Me Too

Nadia67
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, you're right. I definitely need to buy internationally, as Holland's got nothing...I used to go to Belgium (Antwerp) or Spain (holidays), where they've got a broad choice of quality shoes, but due to my illness and mobility issues I can't go anymore. So it's Internet (really a hassle buying&returning) for me, now. And mostly international, more availability and more choice. NEVER about the price, for me. So I'm reallyfurious as well, ill and scammed, an honest buyer 😞
Login to Me Too

Brillogirl
New Community Member
I should have known better that shop-Cora was a scam. I didn't get anything from them...phone # is bad and no response to contacts. I just opened a complaint with PayPal...hopefully I get a refund or I will NEVER use PayPal again. I can't believe after all of these complaints they have not shut them down!! This is ludacris! Come on PalPal, get it together or maybe the CFPB should start regulating you too!! At least credit card companies know how to manage fraud!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Brillogirl,

Welcome to the Community! 🙂 I'm sorry you've had this experience. 😞

Please take a look at the rest of the thread and set your mind at ease. 🙂 Take a few moments to contact Customer Service, and a representative will get this straightened out for you. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Kingy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia - I had the same scam pulled on me by a website calling themselves " Any style shoes" http://www.anystyleshoes.info/ . The site was well set up and moderately professional looking, so I completed the transaction using paypal back in July and then waited, and waited and waited. I couldn't see anything about the site that implied it was in China.

When I tried contacting the website to find out where my order had got to, my login no longer worked and using the contact form on the page yielded no reply. Then I received a note in my letterbox from the local post office telling me that I had a "small package" waiting for me. I wasn't expecting any small packages, only a shoe box full of shoes, so when I signed and picked up the small padded envelope I was a bit confused. Then I saw it was from China and warning bells started ringing, so I opened it and found, of all things, a cheap looking shower cap!

I didn't find this scam in the least bit funny as I had wasted weeks of time waiting on these shoes and then missed out on the exact same shoes when they came up on ebay as I was still waiting for mine to arrive from these, as it turns out, scammers.. 

I lodged a dispute with paypal and was told to send the item back with a courier which has online tracking. I think it is a ridiculous waste of money to send this item back to the scammer in China in order to get my money back. Can you please look into this case Olivia?

Login to Me Too

Kingy
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE - 27/08/2012. I contacted paypal support by phone and talked to a guy by the name of Art. After looking into the details he resolved the case in my favour and gave me the money back. I was starting to have second thoughts about buying online via paypal and resort to using my credit card's fraud prevention, but this case has renewed my confidence in the paypal buyer protection system and I will continue to use paypal for my online shopping. Thanks guys!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for posting in here about your resolutions on this matter!

To anyone else just joining us, please take a look at the rest of the thread. If you contact Customer Service, a representative will get this straightened out for you very quickly. If you can't call, feel free to reach out to @AskPayPal on Twitter.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tkf
Contributor
Contributor

I too fell for this and received my shower cap.  When I disputed this with PayPal however, they denied my credit request, since the seller provided "shipment confirmation."  I have just appealed the decision (or tried to as PayPal doesn't make it real easy).  Now I see this is a well known scam to PayPal and they have reversed several other exact same cases as mine - what up with that PayPal???

Further PayPal continues to allow this criminal scammer to operate via their "secure and safe" payment system.  Why?  My guess is that the scammer changes his User Id with PayPal for each transaction.  And PayPal tracks disputes by User Id.

Most galling of course to me is PayPal's refusal to reverse the charge based solely on the seller's shipment confirmation (of the shower cap, which I am enjoying immensely of course).

Login to Me Too

tkf
Contributor
Contributor

Well I called PayPal after reading this forum and they credited my account immediately.  Tried to use their online system (which I did not know was a fully automated system until reading this forum).  Guess I should've just called to begin with and heartened to know humans are still sometimes better than machines, restores my faith in all of mankind (except the Chinese Shoe Scammer of course).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.