SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

rrizvi47
Contributor
Contributor

I'm posting this again since the original thread didn't get a reply and I need help ASAP.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I'm new here.

A while ago I opened a dispute with a seller because he sent me damaged goods though they were advertised as new. Paypal told me to send back the items, and I did (this seller lives in France and I am in the U.S.). Of course I used tracking which I posted as required. A few days later, I was asked to post proof of delivery (since tracking numbers arent updated in France I believe), so I did (the receipt) and I thought everything was going OK until they sent me this message, which was in French but has been translated to English: 

We received the packing slip that confirms sending of 
package to the correct address. 

Because the tracking number you provided does not 
line results for the delivery, thank you to send us 
a letter letterhead of the carrier confirming that 
the object was delivered to the seller. 

You can send this document by downloading: 

1. Log in to your PayPal account. 
2. Click 'Resolution Centre' at the top of the page, then click 
on 'Fix' in the column 'Action' of the relevant transaction. 
3. Click on 'Upload files'. 
4. Let us guide you and do not forget to click 'Send 
PayPal files' when you are finished. 

Or by fax to 0821 230 214 with a cover page indicating 
the email address registered on your PayPal account as well as the number 
your file. This will enable us to relate your document to your 
folder in the shortest possible time. 

Remarks: 

· The document must be sent within 72 hours. After this period, the 
file can be closed in favor of the seller. 
· Documents are downloaded instantly attached to your file. 
· The deadline for faxed documents relate to your PayPal account is 
48h. This period is of course taken into account by our Customer Service. 

PayPal

Now, I really have no idea what to do. How the heck am I supposed to confirm delivery of an item in FRANCE??? On top of that, I only have 72 hours to send them this ridiculous "proof" or else my case will be closed. Is there any way for the carrier to actually confirm that an item in a foreign country was delivered?? As I said earlier, tracking numbers are not updated with delivery statuses in France as far as I know. What if the item isn't even delivered to him within 72 hours??? Did paypal send a messed up automated email, or am I seriously expected to prove something like this? Please help, I will appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

1bigjoe
New Community Member
Contact pay pal by phone and let them figure it out. Don't worry. As long you have proof of shipment and those emails from them stating you sent item back, you should be okay. The receiver (seller ) has to prove it wasn't sent back to him for pay pal to honor his word. The money is already negative on their end. After a free days, you can escalate the claim and and you'll get a full refund. Note the account as detailed as you can and call pay pal tomorrow to let them know. They will help you. You are fine
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.