Responses in Disputed Cases

MinnesotaMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I have opened a claim against a seller who sent me damaged goods. I left it as a claim for about a week and when she didn't do anything except block me on FB I then escalated it to a dispute. I was wondering if the buyer and seller are able to see one another's responses or does each party only see their own information?

Thanks!

Mike

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

heybeth
Contributor
Contributor

You can see both information...

If they respond you'll see it, and if you respond they'll see it

Login to Me Too

MinnesotaMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting. It doesn't look as though she is planning to respond. One other question if you don't mind - I'd love to upload pictures of the damaged items but I'm not seeing a way to do that. Is there a way to upload pictures or files on my own or does PayPal need to specifically request them?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

When you open a case of item not as described,there is an option of uploading documents,pictures .

Once it is escalated to get Paypal involved,no more changes or additions to the case is allowed,so this could be the reason you cant upload pictures.

If seller does not respond,she is going to lose ,you will get your money back plus keep the item.

iF she responds to the case,PAYPAL probably will ask you to return the item on your dime and you should upload tracking,once tracking shows delivered,you get get your money back(item plus original shipping).   

Login to Me Too

MinnesotaMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. I'm not sure how I missed the opportunity to upload images. That's unfortunate because as they say - the evidence speaks for itself. Perhaps PayPal will give me that opportunity. 

It is also unfortunate, for her, that she didn't respond. I had been trying to work with her since I received the order in the beginning of June. The only reason I know that she is aware of my filing the dispute is that she blocked me on Facebook. Oh well. Live and learn.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If Paypal needs more information,it will ask for it.

She probably knows the item is damaged when she sold the item,thats why she is not responding.

You could end up keeping the item and your money

Login to Me Too

MinnesotaMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Could be. That would explain the extraordinarily poor packing job. 

Yet another question - when I filed the claim/dispute I marked that a partial refund would be fine. I don't recall what I selected - around 40% refund, given the fact that some of the items were not damaged and even the ones that were damaged I might be able to sell differently and with a reduction in price. I selected the amount that I was actually out, not the full purchase price. So let's say that she doesn't respond and PayPal automatically awards it to me - will they give me the full amount or the partial amount?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.