Refund including shipping cost

emmr
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a label printer for $450 paid from my PayPal account. I provided the seller with my DHL account and I paid an additional $217 for international shipping. I received the printer and discovered it was not as dscribed, was supposed to be with an LCD touch panel and receive an icon display instead, an inferior type and not suitable for my use.
The seller agreed it was his mistake but he isisted to cnvince me to try and sell it on ebay or craiglist. He refused to pay for return shipping not to mention the original shipping cost.
I opened a dispute on PayPal, meanwhile the seller published the printer on ebay and sold it. Only after 2 weeks he posted a reply to the dispute with instructions to ship the printer to France - the seller is from US and the printer was shipped from US. He requested the shipping to be made using a FedEx account that probably belongs to the new buyer.
PayPal automatically switched the dispute to claim an I received instructions to return the printer for a refund of the purchasing sum, not including the $217 original shipping.

I managed to add the DHL invoice for the shipping, but I am not sure this will be reviewed properly, as the only document I am supposed to send is the tracking number.
From my point of view, receiving something completely different from whatever was ordered should not cause me any losses, this is logical. Practically I claimed refund for the purchase and shipping. If the seller wants it back I think it should ship to the seller and not to another buyer. FedEx is asking for my details and if for some reason the new buyer won't accept to pay or receive it they are charging me, not to mention custom taxes and etc.
Needless to mention that my claim is not for all the other fees I paid, custom release, import taxes and even Visa international transaction fee of almost 2.5%. Not to mention the time spent on correspondence.
I only want to minimize my loss, but PayPal rushes to easy solutions and there is no way to explain things, the system is very tight.
What can I do? 

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

List the printer on EBAY and sell it to the French buyer !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.