Proving address and SSN? Still dependent on parents...

M_bella
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

My Paypal account is limited right now, saying I need to prove my ID, address, and SSN. I sent a file for the ID already, but I have to prove the address and SSN too? I don't know how to get that done... I'm still dependent on my parents, being a college kid I don't have any forms with my SSN on them and I don't know if the utility bill my parents get would work for the address. They pay for my college, so I don't think the tuition payment would work either.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are not allowed a paypal account until you are 18 UNLESS you have opened a student account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

M_bella
Contributor
Contributor

I am 18, going on 19 this year. I still live with my parents and mostly dependent on them for housing and bill payments.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Surely, you can enter your SSN in the account settings.  Does it need to be on some document?  And you can send a copy of your parent's electric or gas utility bill.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

M_bella
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, I didn't know if the document would work if it was in my parents' name.

The SSN needs to be on a document apparently...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.