Pending balance

davez
Contributor
Contributor

Just sold something on ebay and for whatever reason paypal is withholding my money and theres no clear reason why. I have been a member for years, above average 100% feedback on ebay, used paypal everytime and sellers seem satisfied. Confirmed address etc and all above board. I have also provided despatch details. I dont sell a lot but never ever any problems. The reasons they give in their Payment witheld section dont add up to anything I have done to warrent this sanction. Im not happy as I use this in good faith.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bigfatgorilla

They are having a major glitch now.   I just spoke with them on the phone.   Basically, a lot of old and established paypal account were incorrectly catogrized. So all the transaction received by these paypal account will be held for 21 days.  My business pp account was affect too. It`s a 4 yrs old papyla acount wiht ANnual turnover $400-$500K USD.  Now they are holding payment as little as 10 euros from old clients.  Also earlier today, some of the payment went missing too. It`s a mess now. If you dont believe me, just pick up your phone and all Paypal. They told me that'd fixed in 24 hours though.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davez

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are?? >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

davez
Contributor
Contributor

Well looking into this further I may have the answer. Possibly related to answer 5 above. 

When I made the sale I got a email from paypal saying that i had made a sale on ebay, oddly this email was sent to my old email address that I no longer use for paypal. It was changed some months ago. It seems somehow this old email address was picked up and used in ebay. why I dont know as I linked the new email and have been using it for a while now. I checked the details of the sale and the old email shows up. I can only assume through this glitch it has shown a red light to the paypal system to block the payment until they are sure.

So somewhere my old email is still active in paypal or ebays system, very odd as I changed them in all the sites i go to and dont keep cookies.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davez

That is odd if you changed it during the listing process some time back.

If you still own that email address then try adding it to your paypal account and the funds should come with it.

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

davez
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did add this old email address (again) to my paypal account as thats the only way I could gain access to this payment. Sadly its still on hold, maybe not a lot of cash but an unexpected problem with no way of knowing if and when it will be resolved. Its put me off selling other items for sure. I have one item on sale now and im contemplating removing it due to this problem.

live and learn, again..

Login to Me Too
Solved

bigfatgorilla

They are having a major glitch now.   I just spoke with them on the phone.   Basically, a lot of old and established paypal account were incorrectly catogrized. So all the transaction received by these paypal account will be held for 21 days.  My business pp account was affect too. It`s a 4 yrs old papyla acount wiht ANnual turnover $400-$500K USD.  Now they are holding payment as little as 10 euros from old clients.  Also earlier today, some of the payment went missing too. It`s a mess now. If you dont believe me, just pick up your phone and all Paypal. They told me that'd fixed in 24 hours though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.