Paypal resolution center....extremely poor customer service

winnimports
Contributor
Contributor

This is my issue with the paypal resolution center decision.

2 months ago I purchsed a taxidermied deer head from Ebay Germany.
 When the item was delivered it was riddled with mold, the hair was falling out, it had large bold spots and dead beetles could be seen in the hairs.

I took pictures and contacted the seller and send the pictures to the seller. She was a little defensive but agreed for me to send the item back.

At the time I send the item back I also opened a case in Paypal (12/20/2012) for item not described as the listing or the picture in the listing did not disclose any of these defects and I declared I wanted a full refund . I do not expect these things to be perfect but this item was disgusting and having this in your house would make you sick.

When the item arrived at the sellers she complained that the item was damaged and that she would give me a partial refund(?) if she would get any money from the insurance(?). Also she would deduct money from the refund for the import tax (it was shipped as a return so no tax(?)), the shipping (which I paid(??!!) and the trouble she had to go through (??). I packed it the same way I received it.

At the same day as the item arrived at the sellers Paypal decided the case in favor of the seller.

I contacted Paypal for an explanation of the decision and they told me that there was no proof that I shipped the item back. The tracking number I provided was not good enough and I needed more shipping and delivery proof that the item was shipped to the seller. I was told to call back when I had the information. They could not tell me excactely what they would consider proper proof.

When I contacted Paypal the next day with the electronic receipt from USPS the paypal customer service rep told me that the claim was denied for a different reason that had nothing to do with the delivery confirmation. I told him I send the item back and he responded that I took it upon myself to send it back and it was my fault(????). He told me that this was an animal that lives in the woods and therefor these defects were normal and expected. I told him I am a hunter and have several mounts in my house but non were riddled with mold and beetles (not ticks). The sales rep became very arrogant and refused to let me finish and even refused to put me through to a supervisor or manager telling me that they would tell me the same  and that there were probably no supervisors available anyway(?). After a heated argument, he even raised his voice. Finally he told me he would put me through. After a wait of several mintues the customer service rep came back on the phone again telling me that I they would let me appeal and they would take a look at the delivery info and contact me with they needed more info. He had suddenly changed his tone and was overly friendly.  I asked if I needed to upload the USPS receipt with the shipping address and the tracking number, the customer service rep told me that was not nessecary, I uploaded it anyway with some pics of the mount.

Today I recived a message that the ruled in favor of the seller again because of the following reason:

Quote: "I reviewed your documents and have to tell you that the proof of shipment was not legible. Therefor we can not work your appeal".

Are you kidding me, the shipping info was an official electronic invoice I received from USPS and I forwarded with out any changes, so why would it be not legible. This invoice is good enough for the IRS but not paypal? It had the shipping address and the delivery address on it and the tracking number! The seller even signed for acceptance!!

I am very dissapointed and upset about how this was handled and I am asking myself these questions:

-Why is it ok for a product, any product to be riddled with mold, this is not a piece of blue cheese for crying out loud!!

-Why is it ok for a seller not to disclose any major defects?

-Why did they not tell me which information or proof they need?

-Why can't they tell me how to handle a case like this because I asked what I could do different time next time but they could not answer that.

-Why did paypal not contact me and request a new invoice or more info, That is what they told me and it is on their website?

-I have no mount and I lost all my money.

-Why does paypal tell me that I took it upon myself to send the mount back and therefor I am at fault? Paypal encourgages buyers to work out a solution with the seller and I did. I was instructed by the seller to send back the mount!!

-Why was I not allowed to talk directly to a supervisor or manager?

-Why did the give 2 different reason for denying the claim?

-Why did it take more then 30 days to come up with a decision for the first claim and close it on the same day as the item arrives in Austria.

-Why was I told that did not needed to upload any receipts or proof? Did they already make a decision and they just let me appeal to quiet me down?

-Why was this customer service rep trying to bully me to accept the decision?

-Why did paypal give a customer of mine a refund a month ago while the order was stuck in customs and got delivered a week after the refund? He got a the order and his money back and I got neither.

I am a power seller and top rated seller on Ebay so I am not new to this and this is extremely poor service.

Shame on you paypal!

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

starglitch
Contributor
Contributor

how do u figure frank your money is not being loss here i it would you be upset to this in my sellers return policy if you Mistakenly ordered the wrong part due to a misdiagnosis. he did that not me i gave him right info but you say i take the loss here frank 

Return Policy

We are committed to providing the best customer satisfaction possible. We will gladly refund or replace any defective item and most non-defective items.  However, we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of 30% of the order.   Within 30 days of receipt of your order, you may return products that:
  • Have original manufacturer information (if applicable)
  • Are not damaged due to incorrect installation
  • Do not having missing parts, hardware or instructions, etc.
  • Mistakenly ordered the wrong part due to a misdiagnosis.

If you have mistakenly ordered the wrong part due to a mistaken diagnosis then a 30% restocking fee will apply. NO EXCEPTIONS.  Additionally, buyer pays return shipping. 

Additionally, any and all shipping charges incurred are NON-REFUNDABLE.  

For example, if you order a part from Bavarian Auto Mart, LLC and "think" you are ordering the correct part, then:  

#1 Shipping is non refundable and you assume all liability for misordering.

#2 Once the part is returned (buyer pays return shipping), part is subject to a 30% restocking fee. he should be reading this or him self seller because he made wrong order not me but i got to pay to send back for his wrong order frank hello
Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It doesn't matter what "crap" the seller states, once you send the items back with D/C (total cost less than $250.00) or with Signature Confirmation, for $250.00 or more and it shows delivered (returned) then Paypay will refund you what you paid in full.

You will have to pay for the return shipping out of your own pocket.

Login to Me Too

starglitch
Contributor
Contributor
Well frank sent pal all my e-mails I had with the seller but I guess it don't mean nothing still PayPal still in favor of seller want me to still pay to ship back for seller send me wrong part for is mistake of year make and model so I give up there no win Here am out of money here so PayPal has made there favor in seller thanks frank but did not help
Login to Me Too

Unfairpractices
Contributor
Contributor

"PayPal resolution works best when there is a honest disagreement between the buyer and seller - perhaps because there was misunderstandings or errors or shipping problems, etc. PayPal is ill-prepared to resolve cases well where either the buyer or seller is intentionally trying to scam - the very type of case where the buyer or seller protection is required."

Exactly, best quote ive ever heard, 100% accurate, perfect, spot on, well said.

I could not agree more with everything this guy says.

paypal knows their customers have no choice, were talking income, not anything else that would easilly make customers leave with bad customer service, people depend on income and cant afford to go anywhere else, so for them to bring in more revenues, screwing the buyer will make the buyers buy elsewhere, amazon for say. screwing the seller over has both the buyer and the seller coming back for business.

All comes down to the fact of revenues.

Would paypal rather be rich, or be less rich with more unhappy customers that cant do nothing about it.

customer support definitly could be better, buy they arnt going to try that hard if it hurts revenues.

Login to Me Too

poloman67
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is getting to be the most dishonest company on the web and their customer service is terrible.  Talking to the agents is like banging your head against the wall and you cannot even understand them most of the time.  The government should investigate PayPal immediately .

Login to Me Too

murphyslaww
Contributor
Contributor

You can help with this, assuming your claims are accurate, or the Paypal terms and conditions are shaky.

If paypal is holding your money, it can be construed as fraud:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

If you believe their business practices are anti-consumer then:

https://sanjose.app.bbb.org/complaint/new/210387?bbbID=1216

Login to Me Too

Dangreen
New Community Member
Pretty sad
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.