Paypal not helping with fraud

JanisK
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I could really use some help with this situation I've got. So I bought camera on Ebay.com from chinese seller and paid for it on the same day through paypal. Next day when I logged into Ebay, it showed that the seller was no longer Ebay member so my purchase wouldn't be covered by Ebay buyer's protection. Also I got suspicious because Ebay showed that the camera was shipped on 26th of May but I bought it on 30th May. Then I contacted Paypal and they asked seller to send me tracking number of the package and he did. Days passed and one day it appeared that package was already taken out from the post office. I got confused and called local post office, called the tracking number, my name, surname and shipping address and they told me that by this tracking number that seller gave me, package was addressed to a different person. Of course I contacted Paypal and asked for refund because I didn't believe that seller even shipped my camera. What Paypal did, shocked me. They told me that if I want a refund, I have to send back the item (which I don't have because it was never shipped), provide tracking number for the package, pay for shipping to China and only then I can have a refund. I emailed Paypal like a hundred times saying that I don't have the camera because I haven't received it and seller sent me false tracking number and now Paypal only replied that they will close the case if I don't send them tracking number till 24th of June.

I thought I could call Paypal, but that would be really expensive because I live in Europe. 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi JanisK

Contact ppal on  Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Tell them u believe the tracking number wasnt for your address and could they double check and they are no longer an ebay member

Report the buyer to ebay 

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

U could also email although emailing response can sometimes be very slow

Use the contact us/email us tab on the ppal site

Login to Me Too

JanisK
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, yes, I used contact us form for Paypal and I told them everything about dates, about wrong tracking number, about shipping to another person istead of me. And I will try their FB page. 

Also I wanted to know if I can change reason for claim. At first, I think I had ''Item not received'' but then I changed it to ''Item not as described'' because it had refund pick. Can I somehow now change it back to item not received?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

No u cant change it back now as it was INR so they uploaded tracking info altho u still havent received 

Did u tell them they were no longer on ebay?

Did u notice any other neagtive feedback before  they came off?

Try your best to speak to them asap

Try and speak to ebay chat asap as well tell them u have a dispute and because they are no longer a member can they help with any info for your dispute

Try this link : http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/eua?pid=575

Login to Me Too

JanisK
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted Paypal through their FB page and very nice woman Ashley replied that they will change the reason of claim and help me. 

There was only 1 negative feedback for the seller and it wasn't about shipping but item's quality. I bought the camera from exact seller because he was only one who had it at half the price. Now I think it's because he just wanted easy money.

And I will try to chat with Ebay, maybe also they can help.

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Great let me know how u get on

You're welcomeSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

ElvitaJ
New Community Member

Hello, it's me again from another account.

I contacted paypal and they told me that everything would be fine but now I received message saying ''the seller has provided proof of shipment indicating that the item was shipped to you. Because the seller was able to provide proof of shipment, we cannot reverse this transaction or issue a refund. ''

I don't know what I must do to prove paypal that seller stole my money and NEVER shipped the camera and I have never received it.
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Have u got the tracking can u check where it is?

I would contact them again and ask them to double check the tracking info provided

Or chargeback if paid by ccard

Login to Me Too

JanisK
Contributor
Contributor

Finally received almost full refund 🙂 

Thanks a lot 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.