Paypal debits from checking not linked to paypal

pzookey
Contributor
Contributor

I have an interesting issue. I have two deductions from Paypal out of a checking account that I do not have linked to my Paypal account. Both happened on the same day for the same $30 amount. It does not show up in my paypal account anywhere either. I have made a call to my bank about it and they want to investigate. This is the id withdrawing from my account.

WALMART COM INDN ALBERTA VAN NORMAN CO ID:PAYPALSI77 WEB

What I want to know is this a legitimate payment pulled from the wrong account? (Paypal does not have this checking account on file) or is this a scammer pulling money using a paypal guise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

pzookey
Contributor
Contributor

The : P copied and pasted as an emoticon. The P is there in the smiley sticking out its tounge.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@pzookey

I just thought the missing P was just a typo 🙂

I recognized it as PayPal.  The PayPals i77 and such shows up with Google searches.

Login to Me Too

pzookey
Contributor
Contributor

The : P copied and pasted as an emoticon. The P is there in the smiley sticking out its tongue.

Login to Me Too

pzookey
Contributor
Contributor

From what I have seen these charges belong to an Alberta Van Norman. I do not know anyone by that name and as I said before the account in question is nott linked to my paypal.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@pzookey wrote:

From what I have seen these charges belong to an Alberta Van Norman. I do not know anyone by that name and as I said before the account in question is nott linked to my paypal.

It is linked to something !

Login to Me Too

pzookey
Contributor
Contributor

If it is linked to something my bank needs to put a stop to it. As it was 2 charges in one day it may be an error on their part. I am waiting for them to finish their investigation.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@pzookey

I'm anxious to learn the outcome.  It's just a matter of new learning experience for matters relating to PayPal and banks and maybel helping someone else in future.

Login to Me Too

pzookey
Contributor
Contributor

All is done. The bank has credited my account for the charges.  There is also a stop payment for paypal on that specific account so it can not happen again. Is there a way I can report this person to paypal as their name is listed on the charges? 

Login to Me Too

pzookey
Contributor
Contributor

As asked earlier. Is there a way of reporting the user Alberta Van Norman for linking to someone elses bank account. 

My bank took care of getting my money back for me and has an ACH block on Paypal for that account. In a situation like this I heard nothing from Paypal and got no help. My bank handled it quickly and put the free stop on paypal ACH.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To report, just make a phone call to PayPal customer support.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.