Paypal User

India00
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! After Reading So Much Complains About The Problems PayPal Users/Members Are Having After Buying Or Selling Stuff To Scams/Scammers I'm Wondering If It's Even Worth Having PayPal & Buying Online If One Has To Deal With This Headaches..Woman Sad

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Most of the issues you read about are the result of people not understanding how PayPal works.  Yes, there are lots of scams out there but, what one needs to understand is that the scammers take the time to learn PayPal's policies.  They can then take advantage of person who is clueless.   What's really interesting is that major credit card companies don't have open community websites.  There are tons of issues with theft and scams but, you don't hear about what going on unless the media picks on a particular story.  Not defending PayPal in any way, it does work.  If all you plan to do is purchase online, you don't really need a PayPal account.  If you plan to sell online, PayPal is just one of many credit card processors available. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Most of the issues you read about are the result of people not understanding how PayPal works.  Yes, there are lots of scams out there but, what one needs to understand is that the scammers take the time to learn PayPal's policies.  They can then take advantage of person who is clueless.   What's really interesting is that major credit card companies don't have open community websites.  There are tons of issues with theft and scams but, you don't hear about what going on unless the media picks on a particular story.  Not defending PayPal in any way, it does work.  If all you plan to do is purchase online, you don't really need a PayPal account.  If you plan to sell online, PayPal is just one of many credit card processors available. 

Login to Me Too

India00
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You Snowshoe For Clearing That Up And For Helping Me Feel Better..Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.