Need to upload files as evidence for a claim. Claim not on PayPal site. Email won't accept them.

RatherNotSay
Contributor
Contributor

So I have something of a unique problem.

I am the buyer in an open dispute claim. The clock is ticking.

I need to upload some pertinent evidence in the form of image files. The dispute claim is not on my PayPal account page, because this transaction happened via PayPal with our debit card, but not with our PayPal account itself.

Calling PayPal, they instructed me to email (at an address this site won't permit me to list, but it's an official address) and attach the images with the case # in the subject. I did so, however the response I received stated that PayPal cannot accept emailed files in order to "protect my privacy." The alternatives they listed were to attach the files via the claim on the site (no can do, as the claim does not appear on the site as explained,) or, by initiating the "name change" option on the site via email, at the end of which I will be given an "upload files" option.

The problem? That option never appears. I click email, select my account, select name change, fill out the form, and click continue as instructed, and... nothing. The dialogue ends saying "thank-you," and never gives me the option to upload files.

What do I do? There has to be a way to do this. I feel I am at an unfair disadvantage as the seller can communicate their version of events directly to PayPal, and I at this time cannot fully, as the evidence is directly pertinent to proving my side of the dispute.

Any suggestions? Much obliged.

EDIT: For those who may run into this problem themselves in the future, I have resolved it and wanted to let everyone know how. I called PayPal and explained this predicament to them. With me on the phone and my identity verified, they had me send the information/files/images/etc. to a specific email address which they provided, so they could then manually apply said info to my claim case. They confirmed that they had done so, and thus the issue was ironed out.

So if you ever run into a situation where you can't get pertinent information to them, simply call and explain why that's the case. They do have a solution. Just not an automated one. You have to talk to a person.

Oh and if you have difficulty REACHING a person, at any time during the automated call say "AGENT" out loud, and you'll be transferred to one (there may be a long wait time; just be patient.)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for tip!

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

p_fab
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information, I will call them!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.