Need help getting money back from seller how requested payment thru friends and family

hbunny2351
New Community Member

Hi, my  name is Donna, I have used paypal for a short time. Now having problem getting funds back from a seller who did not deliver on promise of product

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Per the title of your post - sounds like you have been scammed.  Please note, this is a member to member help group - we are not the same as customer support - unfortunately we cannot review your transaction records so we don't really know what has happened.

What we can share with you is. if you paid using the Send Money feature and chose the Friends and Family option you were scammed.  A legit seller would have sent you an invoice.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi hbunny2351 -

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with a merchant. 😞 Regrettably a personal payment for friends and family wouldn't have any Purchase Protection through PayPal so your best option to recover your money would be to contact your funding source to see if they have any dispute options. And you can certainly contact our customer service to report what the seller is doing - we don't allow personal payments to be accepted for commercial payments, fraudulent or not.

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.