MESSAGE FROM PAYPAL, NEW ADDRESS ADDED

BYPASSJO
Contributor
Contributor

I received a message, supposedly from PayPal on Jan 24th saying that I had added a new address to my PayPal account!  I certainly did not!  The address is listed.  What shall I do about this?  I did report this to PayPal but to date, no response.  It came in my regular mail, and of course, I opened it up! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BYPASSJO
Contributor
Contributor

I did not reply to it and yes it did request that I sign in to PayPal.  I have since changed my password. Thanks for the response.  I got a strange feeling the moment I read that message.  Just was not right!

Thank you

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

IanVersion2

Hi, I've just recently come across this scam as it was sent to my Mother.  The scam works by informing you that an unknown email address has been added to your account, but the clever part is that the 'inform us that I didn't request this' link takes you to a fake paypal login page.

I hope for your sake you didn't use this link to tell paypal about the request. Might be worth changing your password anyway as a precaution.

Login to Me Too
Solved

BYPASSJO
Contributor
Contributor

I did not reply to it and yes it did request that I sign in to PayPal.  I have since changed my password. Thanks for the response.  I got a strange feeling the moment I read that message.  Just was not right!

Thank you

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

IanVersion2,

Good Post

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

TBetti
Contributor
Contributor

I used to sign into those phishing emails with super profane stuff...lol.  I would envison two or three idiots all excited they got someone's user name and password just to realize they had all kinds of strange diseases on body parts...lol.  That got boring....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.