Lost a case, items never returned, out big $$, need help.

Unfairpractices
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I sold some goods for 500$, Had a long long dispute process, entering comments were disabled which is generally my only words for defense because I don't have a fax nor I'm I any good at uploading certain files in certain formats. So I was speechless in the dispute, person had a problem with the goods I sent. I remained speechless as PayPal will eventually just say they can return the item, days went on, I received no items back, I assumed the case would automatically close and that would be that, I was wrong, I got an email saying "after careful consideration....." The buyer has been refunded 500$. To my non surprise of PayPal letting me down again I became very angry because I'm out my dignity, faith in the dispute process, the goods I shipped and the 500$ I never got. I contacted the buyer via email and she said something along the lines of f you. I went for an appeal as that's absolutely outrageous that PayPal would refund the money even know the goods wernt returned and to my non surprise of PayPal constantly letting me down the supposed appeal button to the right of the transaction in the resolution center was not there. So I am probably out 500$ but I would like help to see if there is any hope. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Unfairpractices

Unfortunately as you did not respond to the case paypal must have saw you as being uncooperative , if you had responded there would have been a good chance the item would have been sent back.

You could try contacting paypal and asking to appeal the case at the end of the day they only can say yes or no

Login to Me Too

Unfairpractices
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. Does not make any sense why adding basic comments to a dispute isn't allowed and the fact they just give the buyer money and items, this is 500 bucks not 5 bucks, they don't put any care into these things. Never even called me about a fricken 500! dispute yet at the same time they have the resources to randomly call me during the day to talk to me about basic stuff which they do regularly to all sellers.
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

I can only sympathise I would be gutted to be out of pocket by so much money, you just never can tell what they will do and what the outcome will be Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Unfairpractices
Contributor
Contributor

Called them to appeal case, person looked at the info i presented and said i had a valid point and agreed to reopen the case, Submitted 3 forms of information, lost the case next day, buyer never returned items, never refunded money, i presented solid evidence and offered more evidence and my phone number if needed but paypal just closes the case next day even though i am clearly right, dont even call me to ask for more info, just end it.

so i am out 500$, +300$ in items that i sent the person. 800$ total.

Paypal clearly does not care at ALL. clearly if there statement of using "careful consideration" was actualy true, I would have won the case. A monkey could do a better job then these guys.

Will they change, will they see this, will they care? no

absolute bull****.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.