Is this strange to happen at checkout on a website using PayPal?

Fofa
Contributor
Contributor

I'm ready to purchase some low ticket items at a website online (that I doubt many people are thundering to buy) but at checkout it just didn't seem to be going the way it always does when I checkout with PayPal. I clicked on pay with PayPal and instead of it opening in a new window at PayPal to login, I was still on the site's webpages and they have a form there for me to enter my email address AND my PayPal login. I didn't do it as I have never ever clicked pay with Paypal and NOT been immediately shot over to the offical PayPal login page. These items I want to buy are not anything most people would want but hey, you never know these days with online scamming and phishing. How can I figure out if it is safe to use that login form while still on their website? I would NEVER enter my PP password on someone's website form. Has anyone ever seen this?? I can also pay with a credit card but at this point I'm hesitant to even enter that.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Per your post, seems quite suspicious.  When in doubt, bail out.  No reason to take the risk.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.