Is there a way to report a merchant or complain about a merchan'ts practices?

lindaroot
New Community Member

I am a huge fan of Paypal, and I  encourage others to use Paypal as a preferred way to both buy and sell on Ebay and otherwise.  Recently my  husband purchased two rather expensive items from a store, medical support hose and sports hose suppliers.  On their webstore, they prominently advertise Paypal as a preferred way of paying.   I was concerned because the items were a little on the high side compared to other sites, but the Paypal service encouraged me.  The items arrived and they were not as he had expected,. He tried on the less expensive (comparitively) item, but not the more expensive item, and when one was not suitable, we made contact with the vendor requesting a return RFA #. He was told that if he had checked the store;s return policy he would realize that  while they accept refunds on credit card purchases, they cannot accept returns for Paypal transactions, and that he would have to accept a store credit.  And of course, we do not want more shelf worn, poorly packed and overpriced merchansie.  Why would Paypal permit a merchant to have such a policy?  Now I am going to have to sell the items on Ebay or at a garage sale, and suffer a loss. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.