Is Paypal backing bad merchants with it's decisions? www.pandawill.com

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

I had a dispute with a merchant who sold me a mobile phone withoout sending the proper plug so I can use it in Europe though they had pomise to do so.

I emailed Paypal all emails between me and the merchant but strangely Paypal closed the dispute in merchant's favor,the merchant's marketing manager blackmailed me that if I dont close my dispute with them I will not have the adaptor sent to me,Paypal lost my only chance to get the adaptor by closing the case in such a hurry.

This way Patpal is showing the merchant that he is right to treat buyers this way and they will back him in future cases against him.

After this I don't think I will ever use paypal to buy anything again.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What's the Ebay item number

Login to Me Too

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

http://www.pandawill.com/star-s5-butterfly-smart-phone-android-42-mtk6589-quad-core-50-inch-hd-scree...

this is the product,they send it to me without a european adaptor,asked them to do so before the order,they said yes,the pressure was on them with paypal dispute,Paypal decided to drop it,I am really sorry fo it,never going to use it again.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ok, Thanks....

You lost the dispute because it was not part of the packaged item,

it was an additional item the seller was going to add.

Now,  it the invoice had said

one cell phone and one adaptor, then maybe you would have won the dispute.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

My daughter had to purchase an adaptor for Auatralia, and it only cost her around $20.00

Login to Me Too

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

They always send the right adaptor to overseas orders,they said it to the email to me,why should I pay for it when it is included?Paypal has all emails with them admitting they made a mistake.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It doesn't matter what is in the e-mail, it was not part of the original sale. 

It is not on the sales page you sent me,and therefor not covered under the BPP.

I/m not saying what the seller did was right, just that paypal only covered what was on the purchase page.

Login to Me Too

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

Its ok,in any case I will not use it again 

Login to Me Too

Hariton
Contributor
Contributor

But my request was for the merchant to send me the missing part,by closing the dispute before he does paypal gave the merchant the green light to do as he likes in the future,never going to uisPaypal ever.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.