In-tangible good fraud, buyers claiming unauthorized transaction, buyer ALWAYS wins.

AussyELO
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal,

I sell In-tangible goods, i.e digital goods on a daily basis.

I get from anywhere 1-10 disputes/claims a week, saying it's unauthorized transaction.

However, they can just use a VPN or go somewhere else and pay for it and come back and say it wasn't authorized and want my money back. I have lost 100% of these cases and it's really hurting my business.

Is there anyone out there with any tips, or somehow prevent some of these cases, obviously i'll still get some, but at the moment, I'm getting way too many for me to just chalk it up to a business loss

Thanks

Jay

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Currently there is no PayPal Seller Protection for intangible/digital goods.  PayPal's July 1 2015 upcoming policy updates only expands Buyer Protection to cover digital goods and services and nothing about Seller Protection of such merchandise.  I'd get out of that business to be honest (depending on what kind of digital goods it is and how you are selling it) or not use PayPal as payment method.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.