I was scammed by buyer of 536 €

filiphradil
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community and PayPal,

two months ago I've sold wedding dress on my website. Customer was a man, what is no usual, but I said ok. He was confusing about his wedding day and dress size. At first he wanted the dress in 2 days, after explaining that it is not possible, he told his wedding is in 14 days. I again explained that making time is about 5 weeks and he said okay.

Payment was via credit card, not PayPal account.

After 4 weeks he called me and asked if i can deliver dress in 3 days. I agreed, I paid extra TNT delivery for him, because by another service I couldn't guarantee him to deliver it in time.

A Day after he got the package, he opened case - chargeback. I tried to call him, found out what happend, I wrote him emails and I wanted to offer him returning item, but he ignored.

I provided those documents to PayPal:

- his order

- emails with him about his wedding day

- tnt tracking number

- tnt signature from delivery

And guess what... I lost this case.

How it could even happend? All evidence was against him, but he won.

Thank you for your comments

Filip

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Whether the buyer had intentions to file an unauthorized claim with the credit cardi isn't relevant to the situation.

The problem was that the seller did not have seller protection.  With seller protection PayPal would have reimbursed to the seller.

The seller needs to find out from PayPal customer service why there was no seller protection.  It might have actually been an error.

Sellers also need to actually read the details about the transaction BEFORE shipping an item.  If it doesn't qualify for seller protection, then don't ship.  Seller ignored that information.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If she sold it on Ebay,she may qualify for Ebay seller protection,Idont recall Ebay ever saying customs good is not covered.

As long as she sent with trcking and signature confirmation if $750 or more ,she should be covered by Ebay seller protection.

I dont recall which,Ebay or Paypal which at one time said -as long as you prove you have shipped to the address on EBAY/Paypal notifcation notice,you are covered from unauthorised payment.It does not have to be delivered,all you need is to prove your have shipped to that address.

May be that has gone the way of dinosaur egg??

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

here is a link to Paypal seller protection-

note what could be applied to her case

permanent address must be a US ADDRESS

first class mail delivery confirmation does not apply

unauthorised transaction-proof of delivery and proof of shipping

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection 

Login to Me Too

filiphradil
Contributor
Contributor

I've already provided all evidence. Only problem is that transaction is not eligible for seller protection. I hope it is just error and we will solve it with PayPal soon. I will let you know then guys.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.