I've been waiting 7 days now for PayPal to resolve a dispute

elefanlisa
New Community Member

I sold an item on eBay and it was shown as delivered on 2 August 2014.  I purchased the shipping thru eBay and PayPal.

On 18 September I get an e-mail from PayPal that the buyer filed a claim because she said she never got the item.  That e-mail said that because it had been more than 45 days the issue was closed, however, they reserved the right to review for up to 180 days.  And four days later they did just that.

I got another email from PayPal on 22 September saying that the funds in my account from this transaction were on hold (the balance at this time was $0 so that put me negative) and I had until 2 October to show proof of shipment and delivery.  I immediately went to the resolution center and uploaded tracking details showing shipment and delivery to the buyer's verified address. 

Meanwhile I'd had another item up for auction which sold and now I can't access all those funds because of this dispute.  I was selling items because I needed the money and this dispute is not helping.

I'm still waiting for resolution 7 days later.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately all you can do here is vent - as this is a member to member help group - issues such as this cannot be resolved here.   No one here has access to review dispute cases so we really don't know all the details.  All we can tell you is that each scenario is different and it can up to 2 weeks to be resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.