I HATE PAYPAL!! Never add your bank accounts!! EVER!!

DisgruntledTggg
Contributor
Contributor
Omg go away.
Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Never said people don't deserve to be heard, but rather just explaning the policies and procedures that financial services must follow.

The fees were charged by the bank, not PayPal, so the issue needs to be addressed with the bank by the account holder.  There are times when banks will waive certain fees when the account holder is is good standing and has an excellent record with the bank.  This can only be addressed by the account holder, which is someone else.

Perhaps the account holder could claim fraud since the account holder didn't authorize the transfers; the transfers were by another party who linked the bank account to PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DisgruntledTggg
Contributor
Contributor
Go fight crime then.. Get lots of kudos. You won't get mine. You didn't solve a thing. Just meddling and annoying me. Too bad kudos don't mean **bleep**.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DisgruntledTggg

So you didn't have enough funds in your paypal account so paypal took the payments from your bank account, which is of course the only thing they could do.

So you did not have enough in your bank account to fund the payment so they tried again a few days later, again why should they not if you were the one that bought the items and they need paying for them.

So your bank charged you an overdrawn fee as you did not have enough in your bank account, again why is that paypals fault.

If you did not have enough money in your paypal balance OR bank account then why did you buy items?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DisgruntledTggg
Contributor
Contributor
You're cool
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DisgruntledTggg

Once you linked someone else's account to your PayPal account your problems now become the problems for the other person's account.

PayPal is in business to transfer funds and help with purchases and needs to follow sound policies and practices to proctect it's business and that of it's members.  It must follow financial procedures the same for all accounts.

Login to Me Too

DisgruntledTggg
Contributor
Contributor
$20= -$500?? Come on.. You know that's just greed.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Banks and payment processors are obligated to follow financial rules and regulations.

Generally, checking account holders have an option to have overdraft protection added to the account.  Apparently, the account holder did not select that when the account was opened.

Login to Me Too

DisgruntledTggg
Contributor
Contributor
Sir.. (Or ma'am..) It's ok to just accept the frustration that someone is feeling rather list a bunch of quotes from your user agreement. It's good to know that you've never made a mistake before. I'm glad you'll never need any type of understanding because you were born knowing all things. That's pretty amazing. Have an amazing day trolling threads and telling people they are dumb and don't deserve to be heard.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Never said people don't deserve to be heard, but rather just explaning the policies and procedures that financial services must follow.

The fees were charged by the bank, not PayPal, so the issue needs to be addressed with the bank by the account holder.  There are times when banks will waive certain fees when the account holder is is good standing and has an excellent record with the bank.  This can only be addressed by the account holder, which is someone else.

Perhaps the account holder could claim fraud since the account holder didn't authorize the transfers; the transfers were by another party who linked the bank account to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

DisgruntledTggg
Contributor
Contributor
I understand what happened. I was voicing my frustrations. That's it. By arguing against everything I've shared, you were attempting to shut me up.. Its totally fine that you feel like I need to be educated on the policies but at the end of the day. All I'm saying is, $20 in place of $500 is ridiculous. It was my fault for thinking PayPal would understand the misunderstanding & represent me in this entire situation, but they left me to figure things out with my bank all at an effort to collect $20. It's inhumane.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DisgruntledTggg

In what way is it OUR user agreement Smiley Surprised

And we are as entitled to OUR opinion as you are and we don't call you a troll because we disagree with you.

Sorry but at the end of the day it was YOU that did not have enough in your paypal balance OR bank account and it was YOUR BANK that charged you the overdue fee.

It was also YOU that decided to add your spouses bank account to your paypal account.

So maybe its YOUR fault things have gone wrong.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.