How to claim a pending refund?

dancin2kenny
Contributor
Contributor
I returned an item or a refund which the company said they made. I got an email yeserday saying the money needs to be claimed by March 3rd or they will cancel the refund. I don't see anywhere in my paypal account where to do this. In that email there is a button to take me to where I am supposed to claim the money but cnnot find it from there. Anyone have a suggestion? thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi dancin2kenny, and welcome to the forums!

Refunds are typically performed within the transaction, and will show up linked with the original transaction in your PayPal account. They do not need to be claimed, because they are automatic.

It sounds like the company may have used Send money to send you a payment, and they may have sent it to the incorrect email address. I would suggest contacting the company and asking what email address they sent the refund to. If they have sent it incorrectly, they can cancel the payment and perform the refund correctly so you can receive it safely.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.