How long does a refund take after a temporary hold?

Skratch
Contributor
Contributor

An unauthorized transacation was made on my account sunday, i immediately filed a dispute on it. Its been 2 days since the refund, my account that was linked my paypal has been overdrawn, the bank wants to pay a overdraft fee i told them what happened so im not paying till i get my refund back to my account, how long will this hold take i cant even use my card no more or put money in my account.

Jan 29, 2012Add Funds from a Bank Account CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
 Details$540.26 USD 
 Jan 30, 2012Refund Completed Details$542.48 USD 
 Jan 30, 2012Temporary Hold PlacedPayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.
PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.
 Details-$540.26 USD 
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Skratch
Contributor
Contributor

bump, it was finally refunded but it didnt go to my bank account it went straight to my paypal smfh

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Skratch,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Thanks for letting us know it's been resolved.  Bank funded payments do end up getting refunded to the PayPal balance as the transfer going back to the bank needs to be authorized as a separate transfer.

You'll be able to send the funds back now with the "Withdraw" option located in the white bar just below the My Account tab.

Thanks for using PayPal!

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Stephanie77
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar issue, rec'd  a refund that was placed on hold event though the money was already out of my account and instead of that money going right back in to my account it was placed in my paypal account...just withdrew it today so I'm hoping it will be back in my account in time!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.