How likely is a seller to win a dispute filled by eBay buyer?

Cali_girl11
Contributor
Contributor

Someone bought a pair of heels Saturday that I had listed on ebay. They received them yesterday and a few hours after it shows they were delivered, the buyer made a dispute on PayPal saying that the item did not match the description and in the notes it said that the straps on the heels were broke and that there was a small hole in the shoe. These shoes were brand new and had nothing wrong with them and I don't see how it's possible for that damage to be done in transit to the buyer. The buyer has requested a full refund and I denied it. How likely am I to win this dispute? There are about 4-5 pictures of the shoes on the eBay listing that shows no sign of damage and those pictures were taken right when I posted the listing for the shoes. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's really hard to say as it depends on the individuals who review your dispute.  One would like to hope you have a good chance of winning because you have the proper item and shipping info.  However, from experience, the decision could go either way.

Login to Me Too

joyceoxfeld1212
New Community Member

About 5 or 6 months ago I purchased a religious item from an Israeli female individual. Supposed to be on Auction via Yardsellr, introduced via Face Book page. I got extremely ill when it was supposed to arrived I saw very little sign of a delivery other than a beat up notice i couldn't read. It wasn't familiar as UPS or FedEx.  I don't really know how to negotiate with this women in Israel if this is a legitmate matter of me owing her money. Or her not believing I never received it, and the strong possibilty of theft if I wasn't physically there to receive the item and sign for it. I had become seriously ill and was in the hospital for over a week when this item was reported to been delivered. I heard nothing from neighbors of seeing anything for me I didn't receive. I cannot do any financial disputes until my next disability check August the first, 2013, when, if I need to pay her I can try to arrange that again.

Login to Me Too

EganMedical
Contributor
Contributor

It doens't matter how much iffefutable evidence you offer, sellers can't win disputes with Ebay buyers. At least Ebay has made it so that the buyers can't leave negative feedback after stealing your products and your money.

Login to Me Too

Cali_girl11
Contributor
Contributor
UPDATE: I won the claim a few days ago. Thanks for your responses.
Login to Me Too

thegodmother
Contributor
Contributor

Not likely I'm afraid. Was burned for a total of over $400 the end of last year on 2 items. The first was an antique clock I had refurbished with a receipt from Sears Clock Repair. The buyer broke by over winding it and claimed it was already broke. Had my Sears receipt and the repairman kindly wrote a letter on Sears letterhead as well stating the clock was running perfectly. Had it on ebay within 3 days of date of repair.  PayPal sided with the buyer. The other item was about a month later a Halloween lighted decoration.  Ran perfectly as shown in the pics with lights on. Buyer claimed there was a wrong adaptor thus not able to plug in to work. I submitted the photos that were on ebay showing lights working. PayPal forced a refund regardless of my pics showing it working and when she sent it back she sent back an item that was not the perfect one I shipped to her.  She was an complete thief.  I was burned on the clock for about $500, was able to resell it as is broken for $250 and got my investment back.  The Halloween decoration is a total loss of $167, cant sell the broken one she sent me, donated it to my church's used items sale. I have however had alot of honest buyers over the years, just these 2 at about the same time really hurt! Soon after I went on to get a "real" job making good money from an honest employer with health benefits.  I sell very little now, and when I do I dont invest big money into anything for fear of another loss. In the end its PayPal's and ebays loss when they treat sellers like this (what in the world is PayPal Seller Protection anyway???), they have made alot of money from me since 1996. Now they might see me list less than 10 items a year if that. Was fun while it lasted.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.