How do you contact PayPal during a refund dispute that has escalated.

RF1958
Contributor
Contributor

I need to contact a person at PayPal, not a robot or computor........ I've been asked by Seller and PayPal to return 6 baby chicks that 2 are dead, with remaining 4 live chicks to receive a refund. In doing so this will kill remaining chicks. I'm only asking for a partial refund of $78.32 which is $30 x 2 plus $9.16 calculated shipping, for the 2 dead chicks, not for the full amount of $235.00 for all 6 chicks including shipping....Otherwise I only get $30 back, what I paid for 1 not 2 Chicks without shipping cost back too!..... I have till July 12, 2016 to get damanged live goods back to seller to receive refund. Need Help ASAP!

Login to Me Too
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you attempt to work out a partial refund directly with the seller before filing a dispute.  It seems like that would have been the best.

Once yo file the dispute you will need to follow whatever PayPal instructs.

It seems that this was an extrmely high risk purchase and it may not end well.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Live animals are not covered for ebay transaction but covered for off-ebay transaction. but if you received deceased animal , paypal might request for some documentations like vet letter etc. that is if partial refund is not agreed upon.

Login to Me Too
Solved

RF1958
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I tried to work out something with sellers, they offered me $30 off towards next purchase of baby chicks. Since they don't respect the lives of  helpless chicks , and sent chicks too old to be shipped safely.  I would be stupid to purchase from them again, and would be saving I except their shipping procedures. Baby Chicks before hatching absorb the yolk into their belly's to provide 3 days of nourishment, that is the window of operatunity to ship them. I was sent chicks that were different ages 1 week old to 3 weeks old. The temperatures outside  were 100o + my area and more than that in Phoenix where the seller is located. The seller sent them with 2 heat packs and wet food put into containers that there was also feces in when received from the chicks, 3 days with these conditions causes bateria to build up and kill anything eating this. I was told they would be newly hatched, and would arrive next day and paid $55 shipping to get them ASAP. Now I have to send all 6 back ,live ones with dead ones, otherewise all I'm offered is $30. I think there should be more watchful eyes on people that deal with animals. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

RF1958
Contributor
Contributor

Wasn't purchased off eBay. Was Purchased from Facebook Seller. I sent photos of deceased chicks to seller, and also have kept them frozen just encase I have to send them back. They want all 6 chicks including the 4 remaining live ones to get a refund more than $30 dollars. I paid $30 each for rare breed Svart Hona Chicks plus $55 shipping total $235 for 6 healthy and alive chicks. 2 died from bad shipping procedures. PayPal only give you so many words to describe the items and problem your having with items you purchase, but when I want to give more evidence in my behalf the emails I sent to PayPal haven't gotten responded to. I have Till July 12, 2016 to return damaged goods, or forfeit any refund. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you attempt to work out a partial refund directly with the seller before filing a dispute.  It seems like that would have been the best.

Once yo file the dispute you will need to follow whatever PayPal instructs.

It seems that this was an extrmely high risk purchase and it may not end well.

Login to Me Too
Solved

RF1958
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I tried to work out something with sellers, they offered me $30 off towards next purchase of baby chicks. Since they don't respect the lives of  helpless chicks , and sent chicks too old to be shipped safely.  I would be stupid to purchase from them again, and would be saving I except their shipping procedures. Baby Chicks before hatching absorb the yolk into their belly's to provide 3 days of nourishment, that is the window of operatunity to ship them. I was sent chicks that were different ages 1 week old to 3 weeks old. The temperatures outside  were 100o + my area and more than that in Phoenix where the seller is located. The seller sent them with 2 heat packs and wet food put into containers that there was also feces in when received from the chicks, 3 days with these conditions causes bateria to build up and kill anything eating this. I was told they would be newly hatched, and would arrive next day and paid $55 shipping to get them ASAP. Now I have to send all 6 back ,live ones with dead ones, otherewise all I'm offered is $30. I think there should be more watchful eyes on people that deal with animals. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Live animals are not covered for ebay transaction but covered for off-ebay transaction. but if you received deceased animal , paypal might request for some documentations like vet letter etc. that is if partial refund is not agreed upon.

Login to Me Too
Solved

RF1958
Contributor
Contributor

Wasn't purchased off eBay. Was Purchased from Facebook Seller. I sent photos of deceased chicks to seller, and also have kept them frozen just encase I have to send them back. They want all 6 chicks including the 4 remaining live ones to get a refund more than $30 dollars. I paid $30 each for rare breed Svart Hona Chicks plus $55 shipping total $235 for 6 healthy and alive chicks. 2 died from bad shipping procedures. PayPal only give you so many words to describe the items and problem your having with items you purchase, but when I want to give more evidence in my behalf the emails I sent to PayPal haven't gotten responded to. I have Till July 12, 2016 to return damaged goods, or forfeit any refund. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.