How do I respond to a false dispute over an online product?

JoeDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I am a graphic designer who uses paypal to sell my products however I have had a claim that one of my virtual products, which was sent, was allegedly not sent meaning paypal is forcing the money out of my account. I can reassure you that everything was sent, the buyer even said in the messages that the item was virtual.

I only have 3 options however:

To refund (which I shouldn't have to do)

To provide tracking information (which is impossible)

or provide proof of a refund..

Help me as I am unsure what to do.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All you need to do is provide PayPal with a tracking number to show it was delivered.

If you can't show delivery by a mail service, you wll lose a claim of non-delivery; you have no proof.

Suggest you review PayPal polcies for seller protection, especially relating to virtual products.

Login to Me Too

JoeDesigns
Contributor
Contributor

so i have lost my case even though I provided a product which was virtual?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You should have read paypal seller protection before you start accepting payments?

What does it say about digital/virtual items?

What does it want you to do when someone files item not received?

It wants you to show an online viewable tracking number which said it has been delivered.

Since digital item is not physically delivered,you have no tracking number and YOU LOSE.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You lost because you didn't provide a tracking number.

You could have placed a paper copy of the receipt into an envelope and mailed that with tracking informaiton.  You would have had proof of delivery, but nothing more.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

You lost because you didn't provide a tracking number.

You could have placed a paper copy of the receipt into an envelope and mailed that with tracking informaiton.  You would have had proof of delivery, but nothing more.

THE cheapest would be $2.45 for shipping 2 ounces with tracking number,thats domestic shipping  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@lancelotme

and well woth the price if it avoids a chargeback.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

but he is not getting a chargeback,it is a PAYPAL dispute.

And what if he collects $1.99,does it make sense to spend $2.45 so he can get a tracking number? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The "chargeback" was an error.

The rest had no consideration of price, assuming that a sale of $1.99 isn't worth the effort of a fight for anything, not even a disussion by the seller.

I guess I missed somewhere that this was about $1.99

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.