Help me with a claim I think I may lose!

Dakilven
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I'm a bit distraught on what to do. I really hate it if I realize i've lost my money to a scammer.

I sent a payment to a scammer for an intangible good which I did not receive. After sending payment, the seller shut off all contact with me. I responded to this by opening a paypal dispute with the message:

• 1/1/2014 17:38 PST - Buyer: You have immediately cut off all contact after my payment was sent. I believe you are a fraudulent seller. I also believe you are trying to scam me.

I never got the intangible item I paid for. Notice the broken English. However, the seller (who is an unverified paypal user and could perhaps be using stolen credentials) responded with this blatant lie: (i removed any sensitive information with parenthesis)

• 1/1/2014 18:19 PST - Seller: This user is acting fraudalantly. In my defense i have two thesis that prove my innocence.-The user has indeed received the his (software) through the online communication program, Skype.-Since (software) is a digital commodity, and as such is not covered by the paypal buyer protection as it can prove extremely difficult to prove that the buyer has indeed received the virtual goods.Furthermore feel free to request any aditional information regarding the trade.

I never received the item. The seller removed me from Skype after the payment was sent and blocked communication. Furthermore, the seller will not simply refund my money and instead chooses to lie in a paypal claim.

I'm incredibly afraid of losing this claim because it's an intangible item. I have proof I never received my item as it's clear during the Skype message logs when the seller signs off after I say "payment sent".

Please help. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Dakilven
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, well, if there's any chance of me winning I'll try then.

It'll be a sad day though when Paypal lets these scammers win. I'll post back here when the case is decided.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Dakilven
Contributor
Contributor

Well, now that I was reminded that this thread existed I'd like to let everyone know that both claims were decided in my favor and the seller has been promptly humiliated on Skype whether that scumbag read it or not.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"I sent a payment to a scammer for an intangible good which I did not receive."

Unfortunately this is wrong on a few levels, there's really not much that can be done.

As a buyer, simply using the Send Money feature for a purchase is not a good idea.  You should always ask the seller to send you an invoice.  When you use the Send Money feature, you don't have the documentation to prove that is a purchase for an item however, as intanagible items are not protected, it's a moot point.

Bottom line, purchasing an intangible item, per the User Agreement, PayPal does not provide buyer protection. You are assuming all risks.

About your only option would be if you used a credit card to fund the purchase, it's possible your card issuer may be able to assist. 

Login to Me Too

Dakilven
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply! 

Is it possible I can claim that the seller has absolutely no proof that I received the item? Not even a tracking number?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As the item is intangible, there's really not much hope.  You can certainly try any approach you may have in mind but, bottom line, PayPal will refer to the guidelines outlined in the User agreement.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Dakilven
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, well, if there's any chance of me winning I'll try then.

It'll be a sad day though when Paypal lets these scammers win. I'll post back here when the case is decided.

Login to Me Too

temp201811162h
New Community Member

Took them 22 days to tell me they don't do anything.  Paypal is participating in a money laundering scam and wants to claim their not responsible. DO NOT USE PAY PAL!!!! 

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

I have a real bad seller playing dirty pool to avoid refund

I purchased card that look good in photo it was great but didnt show a crease where card was folded otherwise great

I returned card seller said she received card february 4 but refuse to refund seller never opened envelope

i went to paypal resolution open claim and didnt finish for second reply seller replies and escalates case so i cant reply back

seller returns envelope unopened i returned it immediately with track and confirm

protective date for return was tuesday and i show track and confirm that i return refused envelope from seller

since i cant go to case and reply because seller escalated claim i sent three emails to paypal and sent email to seller at my ebay messages hoping some read it at paypal

seller is trying to avoid refund of 18.00 and being two faced and dishonest she is thinking that returned envelope will get her off the hook but i returned it with track and confirm and case is still pending

if i lose case how do i go for appeal and what do you do if seller sends it back again but it will show on track and confirm that she received it or refuse it

i dont know who to contact at paypal

i have no phone and in wheelchair

this seller is playing games with me and paypal

i hope paypal is aware of this dirty trick 

i did it by emails

can someone help me a savvy ebayer or paypal agent

Login to Me Too
Solved

Dakilven
Contributor
Contributor

Well, now that I was reminded that this thread existed I'd like to let everyone know that both claims were decided in my favor and the seller has been promptly humiliated on Skype whether that scumbag read it or not.

Login to Me Too

Genti
Contributor
Contributor

I have the oposite problem, my clients are taking my money even i have offered the service (voip service)

What they did is chargeback, you can do it too, and it will lose like i lost..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.