HELP! Buyer and seller protection INFO (new User! Never used PayPal)

hellowhitewolfy
Contributor
Contributor
PAYPAL BUYER AND SELLER PROTECTION 1. How is a seller protected? 2. I want to make a purchase and j want to know how I am as a buyer protected. What happens if the seller doesn't send me anything? 3. What happens after a claim and if escalated dispute is placed? 4. If the seller doesn't respond to this, and has deleted their account. How will I get the $$ refunded back to me? 5. Does paypal protect customer information? Does it get released if I was the buyer and wanted information? And as a seller? 6. As a seller, can I do all this as well? 7. Do you keep information private such a name, phone number, address to customers (seller and buyer)
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal willl not protect buyer for making poor judgement buying decisions, so you need to know your seller and have confidence the seller will ship item.

Here is a place to start for buyer protection

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ2378/3

You can search PayPal policies for more details.

What is important is that you must follow all of PayPal policies for buyer protection.

If there is a problem the resolution will depend on a lot of issues which cannot be known in advance.

PayPal keeps information private.

Login to Me Too

hellowhitewolfy
Contributor
Contributor
This didn't answer my question about what would happen if let's say a buyer / seller would to delete their account and I know it says you can file a claim and escalate at dispute. So let's say I did that, and then I win. Do I still get my money back if the account is deleted or how does that even work? Does PayPal just pay the person who lost their money?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you want an answer, then ask a spefiic question about a specific detials, not just "what-ifs" about buyer/seller.  The answers are different,

Furthermore, rewording questions in mutliple threads isn't going to give you specific answers.

Bye 

Login to Me Too

hellowhitewolfy
Contributor
Contributor
OK. Well BYE. you're some help LOL
Login to Me Too

Simon68c
New Community Member

I have a dispute with PayPal,I did not receive my item it was left in a public place by the courier,seller agreed to refund then changed his mind,eBay will not help as they say it's being handled by PayPal ,PayPal state as far as they are concerned item was delivered,apparently courier left item unsigned for on ground floor public balcony they are not even sure this balcony was attached to my address,PayPal decided to side with seller,I checked my consumer rights and it clearly states the seller cannot pass the blame to the courier and the seller did not even send item by agreed method,both eBay and PayPal buyer protection seems to be useless.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For deliveries, buyer, not courier, is responsble for security of delivery point.  If there are security isses, buyer should request recipt by signature only.  Seller is responsble to get item to delivery point address, not into the hands of the buyer as seller has no control over security at the delivery point.

Login to Me Too

cdjunkie
New Community Member

So how does the seller prove it made it to the delivery point if the package was not tracked. I have been waiting for 7 weeks for an item and as far as I know the item was never delivered to my door. Is this then the sellers responsibility or mine as a buyer?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@cdjunkie

If it doesn't show tracked delivery, the you, as the buyer should very soon open a dispute for non-delivery.  Tracking delivery number in the PayPal system is all that counts.

7 weeks is already too late.  By now you should ahve asked the seller for a full refund due to non-delivery.

Now, however, just do it with PayPal and make sure you follow  ALL of their requirements for dispute resolution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.