Grey Triangle Exclamation mark in Firefox - This site does not provide identity information

NothingToSeeHer
New Community Member

First time poster, and there wasn't a technology related sub forum, so this seemed the closest.

I'm purchasing from a new vendor for the first time, and it's not on eBay: http://gofigureactionfigures.com/  In the checkout process, I've chosen to pay with PayPal, since they don't have much for an online reputation, but they seem like an established business.

However, during the checkout process, I noticed that the certificate was not an EV (Extended Validation) certificate like Paypal normally has.  If you're unfamaliar, an EV certificate gives you the green lettering (in Firefox) and/or green lock icon to the left of the URL in the address bar, while a regular certificate will just give you a lock icon.  In this case, I got a grety triangle with a white exclamation mark, indicating that Firefox thought there was no identity information in the certificate.

Is that normal for a PayPal redirect?  That seemed strange to me, so I came here to find out.  I don't often use PayPal outside of eBay, so I don't know/recall what "normal" might be.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.