Getting tired of reporting China scammer to ebay. Why is ebay so ignorant?

honestguy867
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed a few months ago by a seller on China for a fishing reel that I paid over $400 for that turned out to be a worthless toy trinket in the mail.  Sounds just like ordered a shoe but got a showercap scam.  Took me about a month to get my money back from Ebay but luckily I got it back after having to go to the police station and filing a report. 

Since that time, I have seen this same scammer do the same thing over and over again to other people and each time I see it, I report the auction to ebay since I am so disgusted with the seller.  The scammer creates a new account with 0 feedback under and puts out multiple auctions of the same product for no reserve.  Auction time is a day.  The scammer doesn't even bother changing the description of the auction which even has broken links and images on it.

His latest scam auctions ended today included this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daiwa-Tanacom-Bull-TB-1000-Electric-Power-Assist-Reel-/290820077403?_trksid=... 

I am tired of having to do the work for Ebay.  This scammer is so obvious it makes me sick.  Come on Ebay, can't you do something about this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

honestguy867
Contributor
Contributor
Nice to see eBay killed the auctions of the scammer I reported. Now I hope eBay monitors the guy and kills it again if he tries again in a few days/weeks. I'll hold off on reporting the next batch and see. One suggestion is why not put holds on new international sellers with 0 feedback over a certain auction threshold like $100.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.